which is worse?: -2 sec/day or +15 sec/day
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: which is worse?: -2 sec/day or +15 sec/day

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

which is worse?: -2 sec/day or +15 sec/day

Been regulating a few of my Seikos recently. A lot of hit-and-miss, obviously.

Well, as the title sez: that's my dilemma. And I am kinda getting tired of cracking open the back for the nth time.
    I got four to -2 a day. Dang it!!
    And then I got two at +15 day. OK, I can live with that. Not worth the risk of fiddling one more time and have them turn out -15 a day. Done that a few times already. Doh!

I like the idea (or self-deception) that maybe I *could* get the slower ones to go a little faster by, I dunno, picking my nose more vigorously, more often using my left hand or som'm?

But the idea of 'watch running slow = being late to somewhere sooner or later' is also eating me up.
    What to do....?
    "Be thine own palace, or the world's thy jail." _ John Donne

A watch that is running fast is easier/quicker to correct via hacking the second hand. If it is slow you have to adjust the minute hand too.
    Sabresoft

Breitling Airwolf Raven | Certina
    DS2 PreciDrive | Christopher Ward C70 Brooklands COSC | Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver COSC | Sinn UX

Casio G-Shock GW3500B-1A | Casio Pro Trek PRW5100-1 | Citizen Attesa ATD53-3081 |
    Citizen Blue Angels World Time Chronograph AT | Citizen SS Skyhawk AT | Citizen Red Arrows Skyhawk AT |
    Citizen Satellite Wave-Air | Seiko Astron SAST005

Campanola Grand Complication AH4000-01X | Citizen Titanium Skyhawk | Independent Black ITA21-5141 |
    Timex IQ Flyback Chronograph T2N700ZL

αlpha Carbon | duBois Rotomatic | Maurice Lacroix Miros (Automatic) Diver

Parker 61 Fountain Pen | Parker 45 Brushed Stainless Fountain Pen, Ball Point & Pencil | Parker 45 Bronze & Gold Fountain Pen | Parker Sonnet Fountain Pen | Parker Insignia Ball Point & Pencil | Parker 75 Sterling Silver Ball Point & Pencil | Parker 50 Fountain Pen & Pencil | Parker Jotter x 2

Re: which is worse?: -2 sec/day or +15 sec/day

Troo dat. Unless I set the slower ones ahead by a minute to start with. Ugh.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Depends. How much do you hate your appointments?

Are you factoring in positional variation? You might be able to bring them closer to zero with dial up overnight since it's so close already.

Anyway, if I had to choose, I'd take minus two. I hate it when watches run slow, but fifteen is just too much for me. Frankly, I'm very annoyed if my watches aren't under a second a day.

90% of my appointments are not exactly pleasant, but the consequences of being late to them would be even less so.
    For the most part, utterly gaseous in content but held in great piety by those to whom they concern.

Oh! the nagging, the whining, the whole pettiness, the sissyness ... I mean my colleagues, not my wife!

I am measuring it with the crown down - the fast side - since when I wear it it will be in this position.
    It runs -4 when lying on their backs.
    It's driving me KUR RAY ZEE!!

Banned

Where's the problem, Chrono? Give the watch to a good watchmaker to regulate. Depending on your relationship with them they charge between 0 and $40. Totally worth it. -2 on the fast side is good in principle but not in practice. I also have two watches that a slightly slow -1 to -2. I will give them away to be worked at soon. If you can live with it, wait till they get regular maintenance and then make it a point to say you want them to run in the plus but not by more than 4s or whatever your personal limit is.

+15 is totally unacceptable. It shouldn't be too difficult to regulate that down by ten seconds.

What are the watches?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolis View Post
    90% of my appointments are not exactly pleasant, but the consequences of being late to them would be even less so.
    For the most part, utterly gaseous in content but held in great piety by those to whom they concern.

Oh! the nagging, the whining, the whole pettiness, the sissyness ... I mean my colleagues, not my wife!
    Forget watches. I'd invest in medication. And flowers (for the wife).
    drickster and devilmoon like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information