Worth 30+ minutes?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Worth 30+ minutes?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Worth 30+ minutes?

I just got my first automatic watch middle of last week. I have a wedding (not mine) this weekend. I will be wearing a suit and tie, though I don't normally dress more than jeans and t shirts. I would like to dress it up for the wedding so I just picked up a 22mm black leather strap for the watch. The sizing on the watch is 21mm, so the strap is a tad big (I have my eye on a correct sized blue strap, just wouldn't get it in time). I was able swap out the bracelet for the strap by myself, was a complete pain. I figure in a hotel room I would be in that 30 minute range to do the swap. I don't want to leave the leather on the whole time since it will be in the 90s.

Is it worth the time to do the swap, or is the bracelet dressy enough to get away with?

Name:  Leathers.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  226.0 KB

Name:  bracelets.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  243.8 KB
    Last edited by mwse; May 13th, 2014 at 00:44. Reason: Removed additional image

Re: Worth 30+ minutes?

You'll be the only one noticing what kind of strap or bracelet your watch has. Wear what's comfy and convenient for you. I think it looks great both ways.
    stratct likes this.

The leather clearly elevates the watch from sporty to dressy. 21mm leather straps are not too hard to find at on ebay. the hirsch duke will probably run you around $35.
    slcbbrown likes this.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In your specific circumstances, I'd just keep it on the bracelet. It'll still work well with a suit.

I don't mean to be a snob and I don't know how hard it is to remove the band on this longines, but I mostly able to change my bracelet within 5 mins .... If it take 30 mins I won't even bother doing it ... ever. But leather looks way better for formal occasion though, if u worry about people judging you because you are wearing a metal bracelet, don't worry about it most people don't care.
    "Put .... A ... Grand ... On... It !"

I would just rock the bracelet.

Bracelet all the way in that heat!

Keep the bracelet. If it's going to be hot and you'll be doing anything that could make you sweat (uh......dance at a wedding maybe), you'll truly regret having a leather band on the watch and maybe even ruin it in one evening. But the metal bracelet won't cause any issues at all. I know there are fashion police who gasp at the notion of metal as dressy, but that's their issue. That watch is lovely and looks terrific on metal.
    stratct likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by ed21x View Post
    The leather clearly elevates the watch from sporty to dressy. 21mm leather straps are not too hard to find at on ebay. the hirsch duke will probably run you around $35.
    Good advice. Hirsch's strap is readily available and in lots of color options, too. I like straps for dressy watches, but a bracelet with some shiny surfaces can look pretty good with a suit.

Personally, in that kind of heat, i wouldnt even think about going with the leather.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information