Would getting a watch polished by a non-authorized watchmaker void the warranty?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mleok

Thread: Would getting a watch polished by a non-authorized watchmaker void the warranty?

Question Would getting a watch polished by a non-authorized watchmaker void the warranty?

I have a Tissot that I would like to get polished. But I suspect that getting it polished at the Tissot service center is really expensive. So I kind of want to get it done at a local watchmaker. However, my watch is still in warranty, so I am not sure if having it polished at a local watchmaker will void the warranty. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Would getting a watch polished by a non-authorized watchmaker void the warranty?

I'm not quite sure how Tissot would find out you had the watch polished locally?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Re: Would getting a watch polished by a non-authorized watchmaker void the warranty?

In order to do a good professional polishing job, it's usually necessary to remove the movement from the case, and that will likely void your warranty.
    Watchbreath and pydbl like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

1st of all I would ASK Tissot how much they would charge - Likely will be top $, but there must be a set fee for this sort of job and if there isn't then that should ring alarm bells anyway.
    Have you got a price off your local man?, and asked him whether he offers any warranty? (if presumably he removes the movement for the polishing)

With the OEM warranty's importance to you, I sure wouldn't do it without at least soliciting the manufacturer's input . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Thread Information