Would I be happy?! - Page 3
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Would I be happy?!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Would I be happy?!

All valid points.. I thank you all for WISdom!
    At this point all of my watches have some meaning for me

Roberto
    Last edited by Roberto Jaksic; June 24th, 2013 at 13:03.
    BusyTimmy likes this.

A watch to shoot for always stoke's the flames of our collective hobby and keeps us interested and you have chosen a lofty goal.

However be aware that there's nothing particularly special about the movement or the case work on the sub's in my opinion, however they are very tough and engineered to be that way but the quality is to notch. Also they are one if the most copied case designs out there, aside from the knock offs it's the general design that you see so many other notable brands having a similar design in their catalogue.

I've had many a watch pass through my hands that were better quality than several of the Rolex/Tudor pieces I've been exposed to our have owned and moved along or have acted as liaison for a sale between parties.

I would be absolutely sure before laying down a considerable sum for a fine watch because like all things in life the novelty always wears off.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy that watch!

Peace,
    Preston

If you do sell off your current collection and get a Rolex how long would it be before the hunger for just another watch returned?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just the fact that you are even considering selling your collection tells me that your are not that attached to your current collection. If you want a Sub you have to go for it. You will always find yourself wanting that Sub in the future. If you can afford all those watches now, you can surely afford a Sub. My advice is sell all, and get the Sub. Life is short and you have to enjoy what you want. Get it out of your system. You can always get sub-$500 watches for variety later. I've been down to 1 nice watch before, and you know what, it's actually quite liberating to go to a single watch each morning. Feels great. Of course, within less than a year my collection expaned again. Get what you want, enjoy life (as long as you don't have to give up the important things).

Quality over quantity. Every time.

Wow,
    Some really different opinions!
    Thanks

Thanks

Roberto

The problem with that JD_S is you can get equal levels of quality from $500 to $10,000 etc.
    Price means squat sometimes against quality.

Peace,
    Preston

Quote Originally Posted by JD_S View Post
    Quality over quantity. Every time.
    Everybody like to throw that around but the watches in his current collection are all high quality watches. Is the Rolex of higher quality? Yes it is but I think the decision is premised more on variety vs. exclusivity rather than quantity vs. quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    The problem with that JD_S is you can get equal levels of quality from $500 to $10,000 etc.
    Price means squat sometimes against quality.

Peace,
    Preston
    Any watch that is actually worth spending $10,000 on will blow any $500 watch out of the water. I understand that there are some $10,000 watches that are vastly overpriced, and similarly there are many $500 watches that are great value for the money, but at the end of the day the best $10,000 watch will be better than the best $500 watch every time. People might disagree about their relative value, but objectively a $10,000 JLC is of better quality than a $500 Tissot.

I think that most of my collection is consist of quality pieces but I'm sorry to say not in the same category as Rolex.
    Some are really exceptional quality and you can feel it when you touch the watch. Rolex is in my opinion step or two above

Thanks

Roberto

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information