Would a Longines Conquest classic chronograph or Longines Saint Imier chronograph be good?

Thread: Would a Longines Conquest classic chronograph or Longines Saint Imier chronograph be good?

Banned

Would a Longines Conquest classic chronograph or Longines Saint Imier chronograph be good?

I'm looking for an everyday watch, so durability is important. The Saint Imier appears to be more of a dress watch, would this mean that the watch is more fragile? Would the Conquest Classic be more durable as it is more of a sports watch? I'm not particularly looking to collect watches, just to have one very good watch, and a chronograph and metal bracelet are a must for me. I am also intrigued by the glass back of the case allowing the movement to be partially viewed.

Any advise (or perhaps other watch suggestions) would be much appreciated, thank you.

Re: Would a Longines Conquest classic chronograph or Longines Saint Imier chronograph be good?

Welcome to WUS.
    The two watches you referenced use same exact movement inside, offer same exact water resistance (30M - not very friendly for water activities or swimming).
    Indeed the only difference is in the design aesthetic - just appearance makes one look dressy while other looks sporty. Expect identical durability.

The price range offers a number of potential choices from good brands - Eterna, Longines, Baume & Mercier, Oris, and many more have chronographs here, most powered by venerable Valjoux 7750 movements. It is also a price range for pre-owned Omega Speedmasters and Seamaster Chronographs.

Personally, I would suggest serious consideration for SINN chronographs, as they offer very impressive technical stats for the price (although they do run on a sportier style)
    Chronograph Watches from Sinn, Hanhart, Fortis and Junghans
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Thread Information