Would yo be a little mad if you found this out?

Thread: Would yo be a little mad if you found this out?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Would yo be a little mad if you found this out?

OK I tried to explain this on another forum. So please bear with me.
    Yesterday while I was at a local jewelery store getting a watch repaired, I was told by one of the workers that they take layaway plans. I'm on SSI disability so I can not afford a lot of money on expensive watches, For example there's a nice Swiss Made gold plated valjoux 7750 on a genuine Crocodile Strap, but since I only get paid $654.00 dollars a month, I would need a $ 346.00 dollar down payment, I do have to pay for other things besides watches. For someone like me who would take at least three months to save up $346.00 makes it harder, If I knew about this lets say a month ago I would have already been half way there.

Re: Would yo be a little mad if you found this out?

So...are you upset because it will take you so long to save up for it, or are you upset with the store for not telling you sooner? Or are you just plain upset because the watch you want is so expensive and hard to obtain with your current income?

There are plenty of watches I would like but cannot afford or at least it would take me a long time to save up for them!

I think that is the nature of this "hobby" (ie: obsession) for most people....
    matt

Ozy

Ha!

I was shopping for Speedmasters the other day, I held a $14,500 AUD Omega Speedmaster in my hand, she told me she could do lay away though, with a 20% deposit.
    I was upset.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well then....in two months you'll be all the way there.

I would be happy they are willing to work with me, nice change of pace. Post pics when you get it!
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

mad? I am confused...

You still have money left at the end of the month to save up for a watch? My wife can squeeze a nickel until Thomas Jefferson screams in pain, but she's got nothin' on your budgeting skills!

Banned

Is this like some kind of an open "things are too expensive" rant soapbox forum? Great idea!

I want a 4s15-7020. These are quite rare. There is one on the Bay RIGHT NOW. The guy wants US$800 BIN.

There is a GORGEOUS 35 jewel Seikomatic Chronometer (6245 I think) on there too. A grail. The seller is asking US$1,500. What the cuss?!?!?!?!

I'm going to Central Markets tonight (a must see if you're ever in Adelaide) Don't even get me started on the price of quality cheese...
    Last edited by jason_recliner; February 26th, 2010 at 03:17.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by filmjuicer View Post
    So...are you upset because it will take you so long to save up for it, or are you upset with the store for not telling you sooner? Or are you just plain upset because the watch you want is so expensive and hard to obtain with your current income?

There are plenty of watches I would like but cannot afford or at least it would take me a long time to save up for them!

I think that is the nature of this "hobby" (ie: obsession) for most people....
    Well I'm upset that they did'nt tell me about their layaway plan a yr ago especially the first day I was there, for them to tell me that a yr later kind of makes me wonder why? If they want my services I would of been more then glad to spend my money there. Don't get me wrong there were times I had enough money for the watch but I did'nt know about the layaway plan. One of the watches I've wanted is the Citizen 2100 I was told for a $ 70.00 dollar down payment it would of been mines & I simple pay what I can until paid off. Last yr I spent $210.00 on a watch like I said if I knew about their layaway plan sooner I would of gotten the watch I wanted instead.

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by kc1001 View Post
    Well I'm upset that they did'nt tell me about their layaway plan a yr ago especially the first day I was there

Theres no real incentive for them to tell you, in my experience when going down that track, I've always asked to see if they do.

One word of advice however, instant gratification comes at a price...

You will get the watch, you will have to meet the repayments, you will wear the watch, and see it wear, and depending how long it takes, you will be paying it off, and not enjoying it as much as if you OWNED the watch and were able to work out of the store with no further commitment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information