Would you buy a luxury watch from Jomashop?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Would you buy a luxury watch from Jomashop?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Would you buy a luxury watch from Jomashop?

First thanks to everyone on this forums who gave me ideas as to what do get for my birthday watch.

After deciding whether to go preowned or new, luxury or the step right under luxury, I decided to
    go with the Tudor BB 46. My AD sells it for about a thousand dollars more than Jomashop. Is it Worley’s doing Jomashop? I figure if there is anything wrong with it, a service would still be cheaper than paying AD prices. Do ADs even negotiate much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Would you buy a luxury watch from Jomashop?

I bought Rayban Wayfarers from there with zero issue.
    I also got Oris Divers 65 funky from there. The watch itself was great, all sealed and stickered. About a year later I heard a noise winding so I sent it in and got it fixed under warranty. Took about 4 weeks and had to pay for shipping to them.
    It came back adjusted very well and have had zero issues since.
    slcbbrown likes this.
    Rolex Explorer 114270
    Rolex Explorer 2 Polar 3186 16570
    Rolex Datejust 1601
    Omega Dynamic Chronograph
    Omega Seamaster London Olymipcs
    Omega Seamaster 1956
    Nomos Timeless I Club
    Accutron Spaceview 1964
    Oris Divers Sixty Five Heritage 40mm
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical Manual Wind
    Hamilton Mechanical 1981 Military
    Breitling Colt GMT HMX-1 Marine One
    Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Sector Date
    Ming 17.01 Blue
    Ming 17.03 GMT Red
    Rado Captain Cook
    Bucherer Day/Date 1970's
    Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chrono
    Seagull 1963 Chrono Sapphire
    Citizen Blue Angels AT8020-3L
    Seiko SNK809
    Movado Museum

I've bought from them, but I wouldn't use them for warranty. I'd take the savings and pay for a service. However, I'm not discounting the experience above. I've read from a couple of people that they had okay service on a watch at Joma. I've also read horror stories about service at Joma.

Before you buy from Joma, make sure it says IN STOCK, not available in a few days or something like that. If they don't have it in stock, they will source it. It may take a few days, it may take a few months. Meanwhile, they're sitting on your money.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

BTW, check out Govberg, especially since you're in PA. They may give you a good AD deal. Or ask your local AD if they have any room in the price. Tell them you have a good lead on a better price (wouldn't mention online/Joma) and see what they can do. I won't hurt to ask.

No.

Depends on your comfort with risk. I think my biggest concern with buying a luxury watch from there (or any gray market seller) is if there's some sort of minor imperfection like a speck of dust on the dial it a scratch on the case that was there when the watch arrived, I don't you'd be able to get something like that fixed. I don't know if it's common for new watches to have movement issues within the warranty period but I guess that could be scary as well. For major issues that are obvious on arrival it should be easy to get a refund/exchange or last resort maybe even dispute the charge through your credit card.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'd look for the best deal I could find from an AD, online or otherwise.

First thanks to everyone on this forums who gave me ideas as to what do get for my birthday watch.

After deciding whether to go preowned or new, luxury or the step right under luxury, I decided to
    go with the Tudor BB 46. My AD sells it for about a thousand dollars more than Jomashop.
    That's a nice watch that I'm sure you will enjoy. Have you asked about their best price yet? You may also want to contact other ADs.

Is it Worley’s doing Jomashop?
    ???
    Jomashop has been used by several WUS members including myself. There are countless prior threads about the pros and cons of buying from Joma and other grey market dealers so please also use Search and read away.
    I figure if there is anything wrong with it, a service would still be cheaper than paying AD prices. Do ADs even negotiate much?
    You need to decide whether a factory warranty and personalized service from an AD is worth the price. For some the low grey market price is worth putting up with impersonal service and a house warranty in place of one from the factory. For others the discount is soon forgotten.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

Many threads out here on this but here's the gist. Except for Rolex (I don't think that extends to Tudor), many AD's are willing to discount around 20% give or take. However you then have to factor in sales tax, which you might not have to do at the GM online dealer depending on current laws in your state. So for me, I only go grey market when the discount is significantly above 20%. Then, you take into account that if something should happen to that watch you will have it fixed on your dime. NEVER use a GM dealer's warranty for repair. Also Joma is not the only game out there, there are a couple other reputable GM dealers (watchmaxx/authenticwatches), and I see no reason not to go with the lowest price if you're going this route. I have bought watches from all of them in the past and have always been pleased with my purchases.

That being said, I have not went GM in quite a while, because I have usually instead decided to either go pre-owned, or go with the discount from some AD's (online) I have built a relationship with. In most cases I have found these to be the best options, and the latter certainly provides a good amount of piece of mind which is worth a few extra bucks.

Nope
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information