Would you buy a watch without the kit? and why?

Thread: Would you buy a watch without the kit? and why?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Would you buy a watch without the kit? and why?

Some deals can be had on excellent authentic watch BUT it doesnt come with paperworks, boxes, warranty card (eventhough it will be most likely expired), etc...? just the watch and some links.

Are there any disadvantages NOT to buy an authentic watch just because it doesnt come as a "kit"?

will the authorized repair shop still take a watch for service IF it didnt have any papers to accompany?

thanks for any advice.

Re: Would you buy a watch without the kit? and why?

I don't have a problem buying a used watch without the kit if the deal is good enough, as long as it comes with all extra links. I really can't see any disadvantages of not having the paperwork unless you needed to prove the authenticity to someone. An authorized repair shop will always take the watch whether or not you have documents. Even if you had the documents and you wanted it repaired, the cost would be the same.
    My Collection:
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Glashutte PanoReserve
    Vintage Omega Seamaster

Dream Watch:
    Patek Nautilus 5711

Quote Originally Posted by chiko323 View Post
    I don't have a problem buying a used watch without the kit if the deal is good enough, as long as it comes with all extra links. I really can't see any disadvantages of not having the paperwork unless you needed to prove the authenticity to someone. An authorized repair shop will always take the watch whether or not you have documents. Even if you had the documents and you wanted it repaired, the cost would be the same.
    Well said!

My Collection --> Click Here

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chiko323 View Post
    thanks chiko. thats what exactly what i thought. the seller wanted to sell the watch without the "kit" but he has all of them!

if he had sold it as a kit, he would be asking for more $$$ BUT thought why not just sell everything? he told me that WITH the paperworks, expired warranty card, and original boxes was an extra 200-400$? just didnt understand the logic behind it

I was just afraid that maybe the authorized repair shop wouldnt accept the watch.
    thanks again

Youll still get it repaired without the stuff. If the warranty is expired, the kit really isnt necessary, although many people view it as a way to verify authenticity. Youll also get less money than a fully equipped one when you sell it, but that should be offset since you should be paying quite a bit less yourself.

BTW, depending on how expensive this watch is, the docs may be more or less important.

Rxq

No, I want the box and everything. Reason being (other than the want) is, in case I need to sell it. Furthermore, it just seems like there would be a place to put the watch if i dont plan on wearing it in a while.

However, I apparently, (having not read the item description carefully on ebay), I just did.

O well.

1. Victorinox Renegade (1999)
    2. Seiko 5 Superior SNZC27K1 (2007)
    3. Citizen SS Skyhawk A-T U600 (2008)
    4. Suunto Core 2009 Y/B (Replaced Y08 model)(2008-9)
    5. Chenevard Skeleton T22200 (Replaced MZI Corinth LGG) (2008-9)
    6. Millionsmart 1801 Flying Tourbillon SS (Replaced RG) (2009)
    7. Two time zone Skeleton (Modified 6497 Movement) (2009)
    8. Citizen Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater G900 (2009)
    9. Alpha Daytona S/B Chronograph
    10. PTS Tourbillon

beshannon

I always prefer the box and papers that go with the watch.

I prefer all, but if the watch were for use, not resale and the deal was good, the box and papers would not be necessary

The box and paperwork mean nothing to me so long as the watch is authentic.

And I keep them all in a display box when they're not on my wrist, so I don't need the manufacturer's box to store them in.

I'm also constantly trying to reduce clutter in my humble home (I'm becoming somewhat of a minimalist), so I have no use for a big box full of small empty watch boxes.

If the watch is authentic, the seller trusted and the price appropriate, I have no problem at all.

If you tend to flip your watches quickly though (to thine own self be true) probably better to avoid the no B&P items as re-selling can be real slow.

Roger

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information