Would you choose a white dial or a black dial on this Hamilton King Khaki watch?

View Poll Results: Should I choose the creamy dial or the black dial version

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Creamy

14 38.89%
  • Black

22 61.11%

Thread: Would you choose a white dial or a black dial on this Hamilton King Khaki watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you choose a white dial or a black dial on this Hamilton King Khaki watch?

Friends, I'm about to buy my second Hamy, a King Khaki, but I am literally having an extremely hard time deciding whether to go for the white/creamy face, or the black face. Normally I never have a hard time deciding which color face to buy, but as much as I like the black one, I am hesitant to add another black one to my collection as most of my watches are black, and also the white King Khaki seems to be more uncommon (ie. unique.) Help me choose one, please! Choose your preference in the poll above.

Here are the pictures of the respective watches:

Last edited by American Eagle; December 28th, 2012 at 07:46.
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Hamilton Thin-O-Matic
    Omega Speedmaster
    Rado Diastar
    Seiko 007
    Seiko 5 Military
    Vostok Amphibia

Re: Would you choose a white dial or a black dial on this Hamilton King Khaki watch?

Also, is it just my imagination or does the white dial seem less cluttered?
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Hamilton Thin-O-Matic
    Omega Speedmaster
    Rado Diastar
    Seiko 007
    Seiko 5 Military
    Vostok Amphibia

I have the one pictures in black. I'm not home where I can take a pic and post it. But I can tell you the dial is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sucks)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Haf

Re: Would you choose a white dial or a black dial on this Hamilton King Khaki watch?

Quote Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
    Less cluttered, but also with less readability because of the poorer contrast.

I would pick the black one, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by American Eagle View Post
    I think it's because there's less contrast between the dial color and date and day wheel.

I prefer the black dial. The Hamilton Khaki line of watches is military inspired, and the black dial just seems more in keeping with that heritage.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I think it's because there's less contrast between the dial color and date and day wheel.I prefer the black dial. The Hamilton Khaki line of watches is military inspired, and the black dial just seems more in keeping with that heritage.
    I agree, between these two I would go with the black dial for this reason. Personally, I would just save for Stowa Flieger if I were you though.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Ok with the caveat I have not physically handled either of these and am going on your pics alone, I am going to buck the trend and say go for the cream one. It has a more dressy look to it and I agree it seems less cluttered - which is important with the dial having the full day/date complication in place.

On that particular watch I think I prefer the cream dial, but I don't think you can go far wrong either way.

As old Henry Ford would say, any color as long as it's black.
    Chronographe Suisse 18k Rose gold, Citizen NH6934-08FB "Autozilla"SOLD, JaegerLeCoultre Master Calendar, Omega: WWII 30T2, Constellation "C" 168.0019SSOLD, Speedmaster "Mark4.5" 176.0012SOLD, Rolex Submariner 16610 STOLEN serial Y862966, Seiko: 6138-0011 "UFO" Speedtimer, 6138-0040 "Bullhead" Speedtimer, 7016-5001 "Monaco", SKX007J Diver 200m, SAEH007 Ananta Chronograph, SBBN013 "Darth Tuna" Marinemaster,SBBN015 Tuna, Steinhart Racetimer brownSOLD, Titoni: Cosmo King Day/date, Airmaster
    Grail: Mint, unpolished Seiko 6138-0040 "Bullhead" Speedtimer 5 Sport UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/gra...ad-944573.html

Watches............the only place where COMPLICATIONS are a GOOD THING!!

Black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information