Would you keep both of these, or return one?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Would you keep both of these, or return one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello everyone so I recently began looking for my first watch ever. I began searching for a watch and I came across this Seiko SSB077:
    Attachment 1018348
    In my excitement to get it, I ordered it before I did any more searching because I liked the way it looked. But then while I did some more browsing I saw this SKX009:
    Attachment 1018353
    And I liked it even more, so I just had to order it too. So now I have both of these watches in transit to me, and I'm not sure what to do. If I kept only 1, it would be the SKX009, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep both or return the 077. What do you guys think, are these watches different enough to keep both, or should I return the 077?

I'd keep both for sure, Seiko is as solid as they come, and a nice chronograph along with a true classic dive watch are a great 1-2 to start a collection. They are definitely different enough to keep both.
    My Watches: Seiko Orange Monster, Orient cex0r001w, Prometheus Baiji, '84 Seiko 6309-7040, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical Field Officer's 44mm, Hamilton Pan Europ Silver, Longines Hydroconquest 41mm Blue, WUS Russian Forum Vostok 5/6 Commemorative Amphibia, Sterile 6497 Flieger, 1958 Vostok Kama, Vintage Orient King Diver, Vostok Zissou Ministry, Raven Deep Tech Vintage Blue, Rado Diastar Original Diver Blue, Helson Gauge Steel 5-60 dial
    Preordered- Helberg CH6
    "It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door.You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"

Re: Would you keep both of these, or return one?

One's a Chrono the other a Diver. Keep them both.
    Current Collection
    Patek Philippe – World Time Chronograph – 5930G-001
    Patek Philippe – Annual Calendar 5135G
    Patek Philippe – Aquanaut – 5167a-001
    Patek Philippe – Calatrava – 5196P
    A Lange & Sohne – Datograph
    Breguet – La Tradition - 7037BB/11/9V6
    Breguet – Type XXI Transatlantique Flyback
    Audemars Piguet – Royal Oak -15300
    Jaeger LeCoultre – Grande Reverso Ultra Thin Duoface
    Breitling – Navitimer 46
    Breitling – Transocean Chronograph B01 Ltd Edition
    Rolex – Submariner No Date - 114060
    Zenith – El Primero – 30.0240.410
    Panerai – Luminor PAM 241
    IWC – Portuguese Chronograph
    Omega – Speedmaster (Sapphire Sandwich)
    Omega – Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 43
    Omega – Seamaster Planet Ocean
    Longines – Column Wheel Single Push-Piece Chronograph 180th Anniversary Ltd Edition
    Longines – Master Retrograde Seconds
    Tudor – Heritage Black Bay 79220R Leather
    Meistersinger – Salthora Jumping Hours - SH908
    Tag Heuer – Monaco Calibre 11
    Tag Heuer – Aquaracer Two Tone Quartz

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd keep both for sure if having the funds is of no concern. A tough solid proven quartz chrono movement and...well, a tough solid proven auto movement. You did really good in my opinion.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Keep both,both are solid watches

If I HAD to return one, it would be the 077 without a doubt. The 007 and 009 are absolute classics and a MUST have for any watch enthusiast. The 077 is a regular run off the mill budget chrono, I'd rather save that money towards something better later on.

HOV

Why not a diver chrono?

SSC031

Horologic likes this.
    View some of my seller feedback (click on the smileys):

The 009 is an absolute stone cold classic, it is going to be a cornerstone of your collection for a very long time. The chronograph is a nice enough watch of course, but maybe you'd prefer a little variety in your collection so I think maybe send it back. You can probably get a Tissot PRC200 chrono for maybe just a small amount more.

Attachment 1018500

EDIT - Though you might want to read this thread all the way through if thinking of buying a PRC200 on the bay, as there is some debate on this issue.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f62/how...339622-14.html
    Last edited by ShaggyDog; March 22nd, 2013 at 23:35.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was wavering until I saw that prc200. I've decided I'm going to return the chrono. Looking around eBay, it looooks like I can get the 200 for 160-180$, which is about 60$ more than I paid for the Ssb. I would much rather start my collection with a high quality diver and a high quality chrono than a cheap never been heard of chrono.

Thanks for the advice everyone

Quote Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I was wavering until I saw that prc200. I've decided I'm going to return the chrono. Looking around eBay, it looooks like I can get the 200 for 160-180$, which is about 60$ more than I paid for the Ssb. I would much rather start my collection with a high quality diver and a high quality chrono than a cheap never been heard of chrono.

Thanks for the advice everyone
    A brand new PRC200 from eBay for $160-$180 is almost surely a fake. This is one watch where I would definitely try to purchase from an authorized dealer, or a reliable grey market dealer like Amazon (make sure it's from Amazon and not a third party seller).
    RBrylawski and iceman66 like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information