Would you rather have your grail or several less expensive watches

View Poll Results: Would you rather have your grail or several less expensive watches

Voters
64. This poll is closed
  • If I can have my grail watch I do not need/want any other watches

34 53.13%
  • I would rather have a variety of watches than my grail

26 40.63%
  • I cant justify spending that much on a single watch

4 6.25%
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Would you rather have your grail or several less expensive watches

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

If you had the money to purchase your grail watch (with nothing left over in your watch budget) would you buy the grail or would you divide the money and buy several less expensive watches?

Re: Would you rather have your grail or several less expensive watches

Grail

Several watches for me. Variety is the spice of life! Who knows if after I finally obtain my grail I would still be satisfied with one watch after a little time went by? I prefer my grail to remain that mythological dream watch.
    scottjc and kf3506 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Funny, I was just going to post something about this (no doubt it's been done a hundred times already).
    Do I want to spend $4,000 one one single Grand Seiko or would I rather buy five $800 watches. I've been looking at a few Halios watches and it would be neat to have a bunch of those. On the other hand, I wonder about the service costs for 5 or 6 $800 autos. At a conservative $200 per watch (I have no idea what a ETA movement might cost to service) then that could add up to $1000 every five years! Another problem is that I only have one watch wrist and that would mean that I would be constantly having to reset the time every time I wanted to wear a new watch which gets a bit annoying. But then on the other hand $800 watches have a ton of quality so the idea of having 5 of them sounds wonderful! So in conclusion, I have no idea what my answer is. Probably I should come to my senses and not buy any more watches!
    Your friend in Japan - My Feedback More Feedback

Grail, anytime. I have many, I love them all... but none of them is even near to a grail, I still want something more.
    Last edited by CCCP; March 19th, 2013 at 16:13.

Grail. As long as your grail is out there and you have the means to buy it you won't be satisfied with your collection.
    CCCP likes this.

Grail!
    Official Rotation

IWC Portuguese 3714-45 \ Rolex Explorer 214270
    \ Omega Speedmaster Professional \ Rolex Submariner 114060 \ Breitling Transocean Chronograph \ Seiko Prospex SBDC051 \ Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400ST \ Rolex Datejust 41 126300 \ Oris Aquis Clipperton \ IWC Aquatimer \ Ball Engineer III Legend \ Sinn 104 \ Seiko SARX055 \ Squale GMT \ Archimede Pilot 39 \ Sinn 556

Follow me on Instagram: mtravis38

Inactive

Grail for me.

Grail if it was possible. If i could buy a GrandSeiko Hi-Beat that would be it for me. But since it's just too much out of my range i have to satisfy myself with cheaper watch. However since they are cheaper i can buy more of them. So far i've spend like 250 EUR on 2 watches in lika a 3 years timespan. Not exactly a problem for most but i do like both of them and i alternate between both. Orient is more splendid but the Seiko 5 is lighter and easier to wear. I could buy more but then i wouldn't be able to decide which one to wear and i'd have to buy a winder and that is just a no go.

Anyway, that Hi-Beat Grand Seiko is still my holy grail and if i could have it, i'd wear it all the time and i wouldn't really want or need another watch. But then again if i could buy a 6k EUR watch, i'd probably grow my appetite and would probably also want some other exclusive model like the new Seiko Astron or something from Omega etc. It's really hard to tell if you can't experience the actual scenario...
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

Several watches / mini grails.

My all out grails are in the 5 - 10k range. So I got a handful of $200 pieces, a few in the $600 range and two 2k watches.

I am a very happy fellow. Hard to choose what to wear in the morning.
    I have a problem.

Seiko MM300 | IWC Aquatimer | JLC Navy Seals Alarm | JLC Deep Sea Chrono | Cartier Calibre Diver | JeanRichard Terrascope(s)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information