Would you Stand for the "Underdog"? - Page 11
Like Tree471Likes

Thread: Would you Stand for the "Underdog"?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Would you Stand for the "Underdog"?

Hey Bro Del, how about my Eterna?

Better than my Sub?

Or Pepsi?

No way that underdog is getting anywhere.

Brother of OoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sappie66 View Post

Better than my Sub?

Or Pepsi?

Brother of OoO.
    Your eterna is sexier than his, but those rollies be Poppin. No doubt a nice piece of man jewelry

Brother of OoO
    playinwittime likes this.

Honestly this seemed to be an entirely useless argument thread. The only actual decent argument he made was when he mentioned the Maurice Lacroix masterpiece watches. They are a true underdog in my opinion when it comes to consumers or other WIS not giving them the respect they are sometimes due IMO. For instance they made the masterpiece fly back annuare. That was a fly back chronograph with an annual calendar, and the big date complication, that had an msrp under $10k which is insane, and from what I understand it was a very very nicely finished watch. Now that is something I would say is nicer than a Rolex simply on its level of function, but it is still unlikely that it would beat Rolex on its complete finishing. Either way I would rather have the ML Flyback than an explorer or sub but that is my own preference and I would never be foolish enough to insist it was the superior watch in every way to a Rolex but I would be willing to say I thing it is the better value for my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Better than my Sub?

Or Pepsi?

Brother of OoO.
    Thank you .... Mr. Bro Del.
    IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (stainless) - IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (white 18K) - Rolex Yachtmaster - Tag Heuer Limited Edition DiCaprio Aquaracer (Blue) - Edox Grand Ocean Day/Date - Eterna Kontiki Diver (Black) - Longines Hydroconquest (Black, Red bezel) - Certina DS Action (Black) - Victorinox Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Jubilee (Red), Collection State: Happily closed.

Better than my Sub?

Or Pepsi?

Brother of OoO.
    Thank you .... Mr. Bro Del. I really don't understand the ambiguous jargon though.
    delco714 likes this.
    IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (stainless) - IWC Portuguese Vintage Hand Wound (white 18K) - Rolex Yachtmaster - Tag Heuer Limited Edition DiCaprio Aquaracer (Blue) - Edox Grand Ocean Day/Date - Eterna Kontiki Diver (Black) - Longines Hydroconquest (Black, Red bezel) - Certina DS Action (Black) - Victorinox Limited Edition 125th Anniversary Jubilee (Red), Collection State: Happily closed.

Keep in mind that the point here was not necessarily to trump a Rolex, so you fanboys can relax. The psychological adjustment in people has been and always (probably) will be that a Rolex is #1. To most laymen an expensive was is synonymous with ...Rolex, as Kleenex is to facial tissue. Most play on this for their own vanity and I get it. My Eterna is as nice as a Rolex; however for ones to admit this would mean, to them, that their very own Rolex is ...debunked, in a sense. Who wants to be stuck with the "loser"? To admit would come personal sacrifice. I get it.

Like I said, this thread was intended for people to post ...underdogs, and you Rolex fanboys in a tizzy have ruined it.

I stood up for an underdog when I purchased a Grand Seiko in 2011 to pair with my Submariner.

Name:  IMG_1873 - Copy.JPG
Views: 26
Size:  254.7 KB
    Sappie66 and frozenotter like this.

OP, You started the ball down hill after your first sentence, by inserting your ego, then kept it rolling further by stating your feelings as fact, that made it go faster down the hill. Maybe you should take your ball and leave the field.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Roger W Smith, one of the best living watchmakers, wears his beloved Rolex Explorer. Hardly a horological adolescent!
    You misunderstand - I am a big fan of Rolex. They make one of the most wearable watches. However, they are not the best in any single area - as @playinwittime said, what they ARE good at is being very good across the board, and that's what makes them so good and hard to beat.

The sign of horological adolescence is being fixated on Rolex, for better or worse, to the exclusion of everything else: they are the ones making ignorant statements trying to show how their XYZ watch is objectively better than Rolex (and it is always Rolex, mind you), and also under the impression that this is the first time that someone has ever made a post like that. And of course, they then resort to calling anyone who points out the inconsistencies in their logic as "fanboys". Self-congratulatory autofellatio often follows. :)

Btw, OP - my Rolex IS the underdog in my collection. My AP spanks my BLRO in terms of finishing. My Lange spanks the BLRO in terms of movement decorations. The JLC spanks the BLRO in terms of movement complications. And yet the BLRO gets more wrist time than any of them. Right now, I have an open slot in my core collection and a fairly healthy budget for filling it (up to a trinity level watch), and yet the one candidate that I keep coming back to is a blue OP 39mm. So the pluckly little mid-end Rolex holds its own very well against some high-end heavy hitters.
    Last edited by vkalia; April 30th, 2019 at 07:39.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    Or Philippe Dufour with his Rolex Pepsi GMT IIC.
    I bet he paid retail for it, too.
    BigSeikoFan likes this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information