Would you still save up for a watch that you really would'nt want.

Thread: Would you still save up for a watch that you really would'nt want.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned

Would you still save up for a watch that you really would'nt want.

Well let me explain lets say you have two watches on your list that you wanted for a long time, Like I don't know lets say the Omega PO $ 3,550 and the Rolex Submariner $ 6,000. Now you know you can't have both but wanted the Rolex over the Omega, That being said you still like the Po over the submariner but with a little savings you could get the Rolex. ( Please I'm not comparing these two watches and I'm not saying one is better than the other.)

beshannon

Re: Would you still save up for a watch that you really would'nt want.

but wanted the Rolex over the Omega, That being said you still like the Po over the submariner
    Sorry I do not understand what you are saying.

Save and buy the watch you want.

If I have to answer the question as written my answer is NO, why would anyone save money for something they do not want?

Your question is confusing, but if you are saying buy the first one because it is cheaper? My answer is yes since you want them both, buy what you can afford when you can afford it then start saving for the second. If you did not like them both then obviously just save longer for the more expensive one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

what are you trying to say? Sorry bro but your not making sense. Your saving up hypothetically for a 3k and a 6k watch, and then you say you like the 6k on better, then say you like the 3k one over it.

the answer is no, we all save up for watches we like. easy.

Banned

Well what I meant was lets say you saw two watches one cost $ 5,000 and the other cost $ 5,500, Both are dive watches and are both wr to 300m. But it all has to do with brand name. I hope this is a better understanding.

beshannon

Quote Originally Posted by kc1001 View Post
    Well what I meant was lets say you saw two watches one cost $ 5,000 and the other cost $ 5,500, Both are dive watches and are both wr to 300m. But it all has to do with brand name. I hope this is a better understanding.
    Actually for me it does not have to do with brand name.

With two watches that close in price I would be evaluating things like comfort, bracelet fit, longevity of the lume etc. Finally I would buy the one that felt and looked the best on my wrist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    what are you trying to say? Sorry bro but your not making sense. Your saving up hypothetically for a 3k and a 6k watch, and then you say you like the 6k on better, then say you like the 3k one over it.

the answer is no, we all save up for watches we like. easy.

OK the Po cost $ 3,550 and the Rolex Submariner Cost $ 6,000. Now you really like both but can't afford to buy both of them. That being said you could buy the Po now and not worry about the Submariner or you could simple save up for the Sub even though it would take you another $2,450 to buy the Submariner would you buy the PO and save the extra cash or just save up for the Sub.

I still am confused.

Are you asking if I would save for a $6K Rolex over a $3K Omega even if I really don't like the Rolex, just because "it's a Rolex?" Still doesn't make sense.

I would never save up for a watch or anything else that I would not want. Find something you like and will wear/use and save for that. Who cares what name is on the dial or what others think. You are the one wearing it!
    matt

Im not sure I get it either. If you like the PO more, buy it. If you like the Rolex more, keep saving and buy it when youve got the money.

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

I think he's saying that, all things being equal, if you like both the PO and the Rolex, would you buy the cheaper one first or would you save up for the second, more expensive watch.

Of course that's kind of silly. If you like them both the same, you should buy the cheaper one, it's the only rational thing to do - IF you like them both at absolute parity. If, for some reason you like the Rolex a little more, if there's something about it that appeals to you over the PO, then you should save up for it.

If you're not sure which you like more, then you might as well save more money and think about it some more.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information