Would you trust buying a watch from HK, Taiwan ebay?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Would you trust buying a watch from HK, Taiwan ebay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you trust buying a watch from HK, Taiwan ebay?

I have heard a lot about fakes originating from Asia, so I am hesitant to buy a Ball watch from ebay dealers located in HK and Taiwan. If I was to buy the watch, how can I have them certify that they are real?

Links to the watches...

Ball Official Standard Engineer Hydrocarbon Magnate 300M SS Diver Watch in Box | eBay

Genuine Ball Engineer II Arabic 40mm Black NM1020C S4 BK 3H Gas Tube Watch New | eBay

Re: Would you trust buying a watch from HK, Taiwan ebay?

You did read the sellers feedback, right?
    Chronopolis likes this.

They both have good selling record.See the box on the right of watch picture?
    Buy the seller then the watch.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Should I not be worried about getting a replica then? Or are these watches not generally faked?

$1000 Is a big purchase for me, but I really love the Magnate watch.

Sorry for my english.

Quote Originally Posted by flugufrelsarinn View Post
    Should I not be worried about getting a replica then? Or are these watches not generally faked?

$1000 Is a big purchase for me, but I really love the Magnate watch.

Sorry for my english.
    They seem to be honest..It shows many satisfied customers. That pretty much means, the watches are real.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I could not help noticing both sellers had negative feedback. One seller has 10 negative feedbacks in the last year and the other has four negatives in the last year. Reading the conversations between the seller and buyers did not make me feel any better.

I noticed a few members did not see a problem. Did I miss read something concerning negative feedback or does the overall average of good sales out weigh the bad?

Thanks

We have an old saying in America..."You can't please all the people, all the time.
    One has 4,580 sales with a satisfaction rating of 97.3 %....That's pretty good.
    The other has 3,799 sales with 99.2 % satisfied customers...That's pretty good too.
    If you deal only with 100% satisfied customer dealers....Well, good luck finding them.
    fatehbajwa, Chronopolis and jsw41 like this.

personally, they both seems legit and I'm fairly certain the watches are authentic,
    (as to the degree of all being original parts, that's questionable)

my only concern is possible post sale issues, it'll be quite a hassle to deal with someone across the ocean.

and regarding feedback/negative feedback ... you have to see the whole situation, a lot of times it's unwarranted,
    - one neg was because the item was lost (sending to China) but the buyer received a refund ... but still leaves a negative
    - another negative was buyer complaining they had to pay custom ... ummm, that's the buyer's fault, leaving a negative for his own ignorance is totally unwarranted, it's like leaving a negative because the postman wasnt dancing and smiling when he delivered the package

and the seller with 10 negative ... man ... reading some of the buyers' complaints, bunch of babies ... a lot of those negs were for strap sales, there's one on a $1.99 pin that did not fit, not sure if the item was misrepresented or the buyer didnt read the description,

basically, you need to look deeper to gauge the seller's reputation and legitimacy,

and think about post sales service, would you want the hassle to deal with a company from oversea

same goes with a seller with a 100% score on thousands of feedback - I still go and look/read at their feedback to make certain
    fatehbajwa and jsw41 like this.

Looks fine to me and I have yet to see a fake Ball.
    RyanPatrick likes this.

Purchased a GS from taiwan seller with good feedback, no problems, would do it again . . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information