The WRUW threads

View Poll Results: WRUW Threads should be populated with...?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • As many pics as poster wishes, of any age.

    35 60.34%
  • One picture, taken on the day in question.

    23 39.66%
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: The WRUW threads

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21

    The WRUW threads

    Is it only me who thinks that these threads should be populated with single rather than multiple photos, taken on that day?

  2. #2
    Member Doboji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    4,450

    Re: The WRUW threads

    I think those threads should be populated by as many photos taken in whatever way on whatever day people want....

    Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

    Intagram: @dobowatches



  3. #3
    Member geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    17,054

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by LJJNR View Post
    Is it only me who thinks that these threads should be populated with single rather than multiple photos, taken on that day?
    No - it's not you; this has, however, been discussed ad nauseum! Basically some people are happy with blurry camphone shots on the day and others would prefer nicely staged/touched-up shots. Either way there are no rules - do whichever you prefer.
    s.erickson87, Perseus and DJW GB like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    No - it's not you; this has, however, been discussed ad nauseum! Basically some people are happy with blurry camphone shots on the day and others would prefer nicely staged/touched-up shots. Either way there are no rules - do whichever you prefer.
    What do YOU think?

  6. #5
    Member geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    17,054

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by LJJNR View Post
    What do YOU think?
    I think if you can take a nice shot of what you're wearing that day then great; if not then use a stock shot. I like nice watch photos are WRUW is a good place to view them.

    But regardless of the outcome of the poll we're not going to impose sanctions on what pics to use!

  7. #6
    JSI
    JSI is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    810

    Re: The WRUW threads

    I kind of agree with you(OP).
    I don't really care that much but it gets pretty repetitive people posting the same shot of their watch over and over again.

  8. #7
    Member CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,288

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by Doboji View Post
    I think those threads should be populated by as many photos taken in whatever way on whatever day people want....
    +1

    I prefer staged nice pictures taken 10 years ago to a couple of blurry crappy cellphone pics with hairy wrists and washed colors...

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post

    But regardless of the outcome of the poll we're not going to impose sanctions on what pics to use!
    That wasn't suggested. I wanted to know what people thought here and now but ultimately nothing said or done on here really matters does it?

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by JSI View Post
    I kind of agree with you(OP).
    I don't really care that much but it gets pretty repetitive people posting the same shot of their watch over and over again.
    It doesn't ruin my day but I would rather see a current shot. A single, current shot, not half a dozen or more!

  11. #10
    Member TristanZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,798

    Re: The WRUW threads

    Quote Originally Posted by LJJNR View Post
    Is it only me who thinks that these threads should be populated with single rather than multiple photos, taken on that day?
    Actually, I'm somewhat surprised one would feel it necessary to give the issue any thought at all.
    TristanZ

    Audemars Piguet Bernhardt Breitling Corum JeanRichard Elgin Eterna Gerald Genta Hamilton
    IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    Omega Rolex Seiko Timex Vache
    ron Constantin Zenith

    Horologium manuale meum stitit.


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •