WUS iPhone App?

Thread: WUS iPhone App?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WUS iPhone App?

Any plans for a Watchuseek App for the iPhone (etc...)?
    -wjb
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Re: WUS iPhone App?

You can't pull it up on your phone browser of choice? You might want to be more specific as to what you mean/want out of an 'app'.
    "...All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.....
    ----------------------------------

Also any app using the WUS name would have to be approved by the owner of WUS, Just in case anyone gets any ideas to create something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

True as well. I still don't know what a specific app would do-you can already set up WUS to monitor any thread you have started and follow up w/email. Sales posts can be RSS'd or twittered or whathaveyou. You can surf the forum with any number of browsers out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alathea View Post
    You can't pull it up on your phone browser of choice? You might want to be more specific as to what you mean/want out of an 'app'.
    True... Don't really know what I was asking for (in particular). It was more of a general question / suggestion for discussion. I'm no programmer, and new to the iPhone, so my experience in this realm is very basic and knowledge of what goes into an App is completely non-existent.

However, In browsing the App Store, I found that there are a baffling array of useless App's, so why not some for Horology? I know JLC, UN and some others have developed commercial App's and I may be missing a few others... If anyone knows of any App's I'd be interested in, I'd appreciate the news

I thought that I'd suggest one for WUS (to those who are the owners of the site) which we all enjoy. How it's developed and what it contains is up to the owners and developers. To that end; I might suggest that a poll of the WUS community be taken to evaluate the demand / desire and content / services provided through any potential WUS App.

FWIW - I believe the other watch-forum (which I visit regularly) has been developing their App's for a few months now... I eagerly anticipate it's arrival and use.

Best regards,
    Wallace
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

The only complaint I have about using Safari, on my Iphone, is the inability to "open in new window" while looking at the various fora (either here or elswhere). It drives me batty waiting to reload the previous page.
    Otherwise, I see no reason for a specific app to view the site.
    In the Box:

Vintage Patek Phillippe Vintage Concord Vintage Omega Vintage Movado Sub-Sea Kingmatic
    Rolex SS Submariner Date Omega SMP Bond Black Tag Heuer 2000 Series CE1120
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic BE Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium "Mad Cow"
    Ball Fireman Storm Chaser Pro Ball BMW Classic BK Ball Engineer III Legend
    Rado Ceramica Multifunction Rado Sintra Jubile' Movado Eliro Accutron VX200
    Bathys 100 Fathoms Oceanus 5 Motor OCW-600 Citizen Skyhawk Titanuim
    Dievas Divergraph Pro Blue Seiko Orange,Black"Monster" Purple "Night Monster"
    Orient Orange,Yellow,Blue,Black"Mako" Orient Power Reserve CEX0R001W
    Swiss Legend Atlantis 1000m Sector 200 Pulsar PF3 Series Chrono Fossil Chrono CH-2464
    Theorema "Monte Carlo" Skeleton Alpha Omega "Bond" Homage
    Casio G-Shock DW5600C Rare Japan V case back

....and still growing with a lot of Ball's

several thousand dollars, a few months production time, and then waiting for the Apple App store to approve it or not, which can take days/weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegah View Post
    FWIW - I believe the other watch-forum (which I visit regularly) has been developing their App's for a few months now... I eagerly anticipate it's arrival and use.
    I'm curious, what will the application from this other site do? I'm not an iPhone user (Blackberry here, and love it), but I'm also amazed at the number of apps that exist out there.
    Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by johnchoe View Post
    I'm curious, what will the application from this other site do? I'm not an iPhone user (Blackberry here, and love it), but I'm also amazed at the number of apps that exist out there.
    I'm not sure, but I'm hopeful that it'll be something that will prove to be useful and entertaining!
    -wjb

Quote Originally Posted by Chronohound View Post
    The only complaint I have about using Safari, on my Iphone, is the inability to "open in new window" while looking at the various fora (either here or elswhere). It drives me batty waiting to reload the previous page.
    Otherwise, I see no reason for a specific app to view the site.
    If you want to open a link in a new window, just hold your finger on the link for a second or two then a pop up will ask you what you want to do! Works on photos, too.
    matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information