WUS slow??

Thread: WUS slow??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WUS slow??

This thing is moving slower than a first date with a nun.

Pages take between 36 and 50 seconds to load on 3 different computers.

No other forum does this either.

Anyone else??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: WUS slow??

Not just you. With a single uncached load of the public forum generating (in my test before writing this message) 102 requests (including 6 different Flash documents) and taking fully 16 seconds to render, with a total of 573KB transferred (including a massive nearly 60 KB of just Javascript), the page is a client-side nightmare. I believe the server infrastructure probably is greatly improved. Unfortunately, the user agent experience has taken a turn for the much worse.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Please report any issues via email to [email protected].

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

If they aren't, they need to run Ajax on the server side. I've also found eAccelerator to be of great benefit when serving dynamic pages. Ernie is aware of the issues and his I.T. team are working on improving the user experience.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

DMB
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    Ernie is aware of the issues and his I.T. team are working on improving the user experience.

Maybe it's time for a new I.T. team. WUS has been slow for so long now that I've just about given up and accepted the fact that it isn't going to get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Please report any issues via email to [email protected].
    I did - heard nothing in response.

The forum is a complete dog since it was upgraded - very slow page loads + tonight my browser has frozen three times.

I have no problems at all with the other forums I use.

Lot's of stuff about this in the G Shock section.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    Maybe it's time for a new I.T. team. WUS has been slow for so long now that I've just about given up and accepted the fact that it isn't going to get any better.
    Don't be too fast to knock the I.T. team. The site pulls a fair bit of traffic, and I wouldn't exactly call it trivial to administer it. The migration to a different forum software is certainly non-trivial, and that went quite swimmingly. I know colleagues who have managed to fudge up far less complex tasks. I have no data, just a gut feeling (but one does develop a sense for this) - i think the guys are pretty good.

Not as good as me, though, by now I would have gotten it blazing fast!

The problems people complain about seem to be client-side though. I get quite a good performance on old-ish hardware. That's really difficult to troubleshoot for the server admins.

This board is not slow for me. I have a fast connection though and very fast hardware. The new software/server combination usually loads in a few seconds.

The more complex the page is the greater the strain on resources on both ends. AS improvements are made on one end, folks on the other may need to re-evaluate their setup.

Bill

Yes sslllloooooowwwww since the upgrade on many diferent computers i have used. It is a dog on the iphone as well, very disapointing.I have been doing a lot of lurking on other forums as of late.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information