WUS veterans- why remove sales price?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WUS veterans- why remove sales price?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WUS veterans- why remove sales price?

WUS friends I have complained in the past but to no avail as the mods never do anything. WHY REMOVE THE SALES PRICE?

Can you guys not see the value to other watch collectors?
    rm7pr likes this.

lvt

Re: WUS veterans- why remove sales price?

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmike View Post
    WUS friends I have complained in the past but to no avail as the mods never do anything. WHY REMOVE THE SALES PRICE?

Can you guys not see the value to other watch collectors?

By fear of tax collectors :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Actually the price listed in the ad may not be the price something sold for...so it is of limited value. What I would like is a full disclosure after the sale of price, shipping, exchange rate and how much the seller paid so I know if he made money or not.

(I am not serious, of course, but somebody will not read this an post what a idiot I am)
    Last edited by sixtysix; March 14th, 2011 at 06:36.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I honestly don't know why they do (I don't), but I do know it annoys the crap out of me and is against forum rules. Just FYI our mods work their butts off, and the sales forum is a hard thing to control. I think that this is the least of their concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtysix View Post
    Actually the price listed in the ad may not be the price something sold for...so it is of limited value. What I would like is a full disclosure after the sale of price, shipping, exchange rate and how much the seller paid so I know if he made money or not.

(I am not serious, of course, but somebody will not read this an post what a idiot I am)
    What an idiot..........
    jason_recliner likes this.
    Cheers,
    Mike

1) Because they can
    2) To piss you off

It drives me nuts. And Houston, I think we have a problem here we didn't anticipate: apparently a sizeable percentage of the human population selling watches on WUS believes it is somehow improper, distasteful, if you will, to mention money in the exchange of goods. We have attempted many advertising campaigns to break this Victorian "oh my it's a dirtiness." It is our conclusion that it will take generations for human beings to accept that neither their money--nor their bodily functions--are dirty. We suggest immediate abortion of this mission.

Before this thread gets locked, I'll put my opinion in on this.

I don't know how good of an idea this is or if anybody would go along with it, but an anonymous database could help solve this problem. I envision it just being a simple form with three fields that would be filled in: 1) Make/Model, 2) Price sold, and 3) Condition that would be displayed in a search-able table. I'm not sure if the framework of the forum would support such a thing.

But, it could possibly be implemented in the form of a thread. I don't know if the owner/mods have the ability to turn-off the user-name in a thread so that posts could be made anonymously. And once again, just three pieces of information would just need to be posted and it would be search-able.

I know this would create one more corner of the forum for the mods to patrol, but it's just an idea.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

As a newbie I removed sales price to mimic what others seemed to be doing

Then came across a post by Admin citing the rule and now leave pricing in

Everything sold here was at a loss so please forward to my uncle (sam)

Now thinking those who remove sale price belong to a cabal of watch selling bedouins that prefer to keep secret the selling price so they may maximize future sales to unknowing customers....

I agree, OP. It drives me crazy when I want to gauge prices for a particular watch I might be interested in on the used market and I have weed through a dozen sold posts where the price has been removed.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

I think they do it so their wife won't see the price sometime in the future. I've been known to lowball valuations to the real boss in the past. I'm not proud of it, but it keeps us on speaking terms. hehe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information