WUS's Nigerian Prince?

Thread: WUS's Nigerian Prince?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WUS's Nigerian Prince?

So I got this PM tonight...I wont say from whom...lets just say I ignored it

"Hi Craig , I am looking to buy 2 LA Wallets from Countycomm but unfortunately they won,t ship outside the US . I need to have someone buy them for me and send them on to Scotland. I understand you may not be interested in helping me due to the number of scams nowadays . I f you are willing to help me I would send you the money by PAYPAL before you ordered the Wallets . If you think you can help let me know and I will provide you with my details so that you can verify my identity , Regards ."

Ya know...I was born in the day.....it just wasn't yesterday.

this may be totally legit...but I am way too cynical to go for it...If someone is interested in helping PM me and I'll tell you who originally sent it.
    Last edited by Craig M; March 15th, 2009 at 03:24.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Re: WUS's Nigerian Prince?

Not interested in helping because I don't really want to bother but it's probably legit. If you get paid first, I can't see the scam....

Quote Originally Posted by Otto Phan View Post
    Not interested in helping because I don't really want to bother but it's probably legit. If you get paid first, I can't see the scam....
    You're probably right...just struck me as funny and random

I should add it wasnt my intention to embarass anyone [thats why I removed the name] it was just an impulse to post it.
    Last edited by Craig M; March 15th, 2009 at 03:33.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Legit. Why?
    1: He pays you first
    2: After you receive payment, you buy the stuff and send it to him
    No problem!!

I think we are becoming way too cautious, not every asking for help is a fraud.

To give you an example, I trusted an WUS Member from India (I am witholding name in case he/she wants to be anonimous) with a not insignifact sum of money, so she/he could buy and send me some watches. She/he turned out to be more than 100% honest.

Another, not watch related example, is my "Special" Landrover Defender.
    I trusted the UK workshop with a payment of total about £ 14 000.
    F..k, I do not even know if they have gone bust in the recent upheavals!
    Personally, I go with my "gut feeling".

I want to be trusted, and I trust.
    Last edited by Janne; March 15th, 2009 at 03:39.

Gotta say Craig, that one actually sounds legit. It's not like he's sending you an overpayment and asking you to send that back with the items as well.

As I said I'm pretty sure it is real...but I've received a few PMs here and there that are effectively spam...

and for me trust is something you earn [both ways] not just presumed...but again thats me.

As in "I'm a fantastic investor...trust me" - Bernie Madoff [thats a joke BTW...just trying to make the point]

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Legit. Why?
    1: He pays you first
    2: After you receive payment, you buy the stuff and send it to him
    No problem!!

I think we are becoming way too cautious, not every asking for help is a fraud.

To give you an example, I trusted an WUS Member from India (I am witholding name in case he/she wants to be anonimous) with a not insignifact sum of money, so she/he could buy and send me some watches. She/he turned out to be more than 100% honest.

Another, not watch related example, is my "Special" Landrover Defender.
    I trusted the UK workshop with a payment of total about £ 14 000.
    F..k, I do not even know if they have gone bust in the recent upheavals!
    Personally, I go with my "gut feeling".

I want to be trusted, and I trust.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA

Watches:

Go Yankees!

Banned

If you were one of Madoffs first investors you would be collecting Pateks.
    I see what you mean, but to earn the trust you have to start somewhere. Like buying those goods he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    If you were one of Madoffs first investors you would be collecting Pateks.
    I see what you mean, but to earn the trust you have to start somewhere. Like buying those goods he wanted.
    I feel so horrible for what happened to those duped by him for years and years...

Anyway I feel like I should qualify something....there are LOADS of people here on WUS that I would gladly help out without questioning a thing....the person that sent that along never spoke with me before...and had a very low post count...so thats why struck my gut oddly...seriously if you 'Janne', or 'Beyond' asked for help I'm on it like hair on a gorilla...because I am at least familiar with you
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA

Watches:

Go Yankees!

Am I missing something, did he pick you randomly? I feel the same as most of you guys about having to start to trust but random & trust is about as far apart as you can get!! I have dealt with WUS members who I have never met nor heard from but I got a good feeling from a couple of PM's that made feel comfortable, not "trust". Good luck with your decision, just hope I'm not reading a thread next week "I got duped by the Prince"!!

It would make me uncomfortable too. In fact, I wouldn't ask someone else to do it for me, because that would also be weird. Oh, except there's one member on here I actually know personally from the non-cyber world. Him, I might ask.

I don't mind PMing you guys to pick your brains though. I've been known to do that.

Jeannie
    Last edited by GinGinD; March 15th, 2009 at 05:09. Reason: punctuation error

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information