Year in Review

Thread: Year in Review

Year in Review

Hello everyone! I started this thread for 2 reasons, one of which was to introduce myself.

I have always loved watches and have received many funny looks when I told people how many watches I had. Before this year, I mainly purchased Fossil watches, but also had a swatch, arnette, and diesel watch. Nothing to write home about, but I enjoyed each of them and they were all different.

This year, I stumbled upon this site, and I don't even remember what exactly I was looking for, but I only intended to spend a brief moment here and ended up spending several hours that day and many more after that. I learned about Omega, which I had heard of before, but also saw SOOOO many other watches that I fell in love with.

Fast forward several months and I decided to save up for my first automatic "real" watch. I wasn't sure what it was going to be, but I watched the sales forum closely and finally bought one a few months back. Since that time I have become a major addict and cannot wait to add to my collection!

The other reason I started this thread was to have a "year in review" for all the members to show off their purchases for the past year. Since I started the thread, I thought I would go first!

The first watch I purchased this year was a U-Boat 45mm Classico AS. I know it isn't a board favorite, but I love it! (and got a pretty good deal!)

The second watch I spent a little bit more time on, and had a very hard time deciding between the Omega Seamaster 2254 or the Planet Ocean, but I finally pulled the trigger on the Planet Ocean, and once I received it, I knew it was the right decision!

What has everyone else purchased this year?

Happy New Year!! -Robbie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Year in Review

Quote Originally Posted by liquidgold View Post
    Hello everyone! I started this thread for 2 reasons, one of which was to introduce myself.

I have always loved watches and have received many funny looks when I told people how many watches I had. Before this year, I mainly purchased Fossil watches, but also had a swatch, arnette, and diesel watch. Nothing to write home about, but I enjoyed each of them and they were all different.

This year, I stumbled upon this site, and I don't even remember what exactly I was looking for, but I only intended to spend a brief moment here and ended up spending several hours that day and many more after that. I learned about Omega, which I had heard of before, but also saw SOOOO many other watches that I fell in love with.

Fast forward several months and I decided to save up for my first automatic "real" watch. I wasn't sure what it was going to be, but I watched the sales forum closely and finally bought one a few months back. Since that time I have become a major addict and cannot wait to add to my collection!

The other reason I started this thread was to have a "year in review" for all the members to show off their purchases for the past year. Since I started the thread, I thought I would go first!

The first watch I purchased this year was a U-Boat 45mm Classico AS. I know it isn't a board favorite, but I love it! (and got a pretty good deal!)

The second watch I spent a little bit more time on, and had a very hard time deciding between the Omega Seamaster 2254 or the Planet Ocean, but I finally pulled the trigger on the Planet Ocean, and once I received it, I knew it was the right decision!

What has everyone else purchased this year?

Happy New Year!! -Robbie
    I've purchased quite a few watches this year, only kept these and am waiting on one still, but it was purchased this year, so it counts I think...

And the Benarus Sea Devil (white full lume dial in brushed ss #29) which should be here sometime in February or March I hope!

Thread Information