I came on here give or take a year ago find out all about my soon to be Omega SMP 2220.80 and I have been on here almost daily since.
4400 likes \ 500 likes given
Here are things that I learned and acquired since being on this board.
- Tissot Visodate (black dial) because its the best value in dress watches and everyone needs one (thx teeritz)
- Orient Mako XL (Orange Bezel) best 100 dollar watch on the planet (pre price hike)
- Watchadoo is a great go-to aftermarket bracelet that looks good on almost anything
- That I even like Mesh Bracelets
- Countless WRUW'ings
- Orange Monster , the most famous watch that no one has seen or heard of in any stores (Seiko still makes automatics?)
- DeepBlue - One of my cheapest and most expensive (under 1k) and both great values and Tritium Rocks(allot)
- The Ability to change my own straps and resize my own bracelets (and curse and the seiko OM bracelet)
- Owning of multiple straps for watches
- Knowing the diff between Nato and Zulu
- The fact that I *NEED* a Speedy Pro at some-point.
- The fact that I need a Reverso at some point.
- That Casio was dumb for killing Oceanus
- Saphire Crystals are the deal
- Tissot's are great bang for the buck.
- That I CAN shower with dive watches :)
- The Diff between 2824's 2836 and 2892's as well as the diff between a 2500c and 2500d
- Hacking vs non hacking (my Orient vs. my New OM)
- That I can wear 45mm on my tiny 7 1/4 wrist (trope/meme)
- That I can fully disassemble and reassemble a dive watch (thanks to my crystal swap on my mako (sapphire)
- That is safe and easy to buy watches from WUS (thanks to all my sellers)
- That a empty watch box or winder slot is a very dangerous thing.
- That while I have a few chrono's I am more a 3 hand kind of guy save for that speedy to be
That there are great knowalgeable helpful ppl on here with the same illness I have.