Yet another 'Help me figure it out' thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky
  • 1 Post By vujen

Thread: Yet another 'Help me figure it out' thread

Yet another 'Help me figure it out' thread

I just want to give a big thanks to everyone in advance, as I've been stuck trying to figure this out for more than a year now. My collection has gotten to a point where I'm kind of lost on what to do next. I've looked at pieces like the IWC LPP mk18 to the Sub to the AP 15400, and I've flipped through Oris, Longines, and a few others. Nothing really speaks out to me, and nothing really has in the past two years. So I've just been working away at slowly building up the watch fund, for that next piece. My current collection has a range of stuff that's all been loaned out for a good chunk of time. The one(s) that I didn't manage to loan out was my Damasko, Nomos, Titus, and Vostok! I had no issues, nor did I miss my blackbay, speedy, SMP, or even a GSAR as some of those are still out on loan!

I guess the question now is that have I reached that point in collecting where I'm 'content' with the collection but haven't realized that I'm happy, or is there a piece that I've not looked at yet that all y'all can help make me aware of. I'd say that I'd have a comfortable budget of 3-7k USD, and don't have a real preference for country of Origin.

instagram:
    imlying_gniylmi

Re: Yet another 'Help me figure it out' thread

I’d have a look at the Grand Seiko line up and if nothing grabs you then I’d hold on to the cash until the right watch came along.
    MediumRB likes this.

Just wait.
    Maybe you can think about "how my perfect watch should be" and trying to find one of these.
    Or maybe you can start a project. "Minor houses divers" "Chronos from 50s" "Watches from 60's with case bigger than 42mm" - just ideas.
    A watch is a watch, collecting is art. :)
    Fantasio likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with Vujen. Just wait.
    My last two watch buys felt like purchases I had to make, like I had no other choice but to buy them. No sense forcing it, give it some time and keep your eyes open. Something with appeal to you eventually.

Wait. No one is ever really happy but being in a ‘content” state is generally a good sign that you’ve gotten what you want. I’d wait till something comes along that you really like.

I’m in a similar spot where I want something but what I want is impossible to find. I get thoughts from time to time but I just wait when that itch comes

No need to rush. Wait and see ! Maybe your 7k budget will expand if you wait and save more.

I am also pretty content with what I own, but I find myself still buying/selling affordables (Seiko Divers mostly) which while I am losing money, it's likely better than spending thousands of dollars on a watch I'm not sure I'll love. I would try and wait until something calls your name, try on as many watches as possible, refining your "list", and in the mean time, buy a Seiko Diver which you lose like $20 when time to flip it.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I’d have a look at the Grand Seiko line up and if nothing grabs you then I’d hold on to the cash until the right watch came along.
    I had a GS for a little bit, and it really did live up to the hype. The fit and finish of the thing was awesome! plus that movement deserved to be flipped around once in a while to show off how pretty it was. Just thought that there was something missing from the GS. Then again, maybe it's because I didn't have the legendary snowflake (or it's not my cuppa)

I appreciate everyone telling me to remain patient. Though a part of me wishes there'd be one watch in there that'd make me want to buy it right now!

instagram:
    imlying_gniylmi

If there's no watch that grabs your attention and can't stop thinking about after weeks/months of consideration, it's better you just enjoy the watches you already have and enjoy knowing you saved some money.
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SARG007, SBDX017, SLA017, SRP777.

Thread Information