Are you comfortable with this?

Thread: Are you comfortable with this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are you comfortable with this?

Recently searching online watch dealers websites, I found an amazing deal on a Tag Heuer that I have had my eye on. I know the particular website, and have purchased less expensive ($400-600) watches from them without a problem. They sell these watches without a manufacturers warranty but with a warranty through them (gray market). However now that I have found a watch that costs alot more than my previous purchases, I am a bit uneasy about not recieving a manufactures warranty. Any thoughts?

I chose not to say the site to avoid arguements or whatever...

Re: Are you comfortable with this?

If you feel uneasy, go to an AD.

That is always my first choice; to go to an AD, but the deal is amazing and I probably can't get it at that price at an AD.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

V8

You've already purchased watches costing $600 from them and had no problems and now your worried about after sales service? you're buying a Tag not a Patek, I wouldn't worry about it. Like Watchbreath said you can always buy at an AD.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Banned

I never buy Grey Market. You rely on the Sellers word about the warranty 100%.
    On an AD bought watch, the Manufacturer will honor the warranty no matter where you move to.
    But it is your money = your call!

But then again, I've never needed to use the warranty through them because the watches were fine. Would Tag service the watch even though I don't have a warranty for an added fee?

V8

Quote Originally Posted by gg4411 View Post
    But then again, I've never needed to use the warranty through them because the watches were fine. Would Tag service the watch even though I don't have a warranty for an added fee?

Possibly, but any watchmaker can fix it and it will probably cost less than sending it to Tag.

Tag makes a decent watch, are you expecting to have problems with it? if you aren't confident in the brand maybe you should consider something else.

You get a lower price with a gray market dealer and you get a warranty at an AD.

I never buy at an AD, it's either used or gray market for me.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

I dont expect to have problems with it, I have previously owned Tag's. It is just the thought of not having a real warranty for an expensive watch worries me a bit.

V8

Quote Originally Posted by gg4411 View Post
    I dont expect to have problems with it, I have previously owned Tag's. It is just the thought of not having a real warranty for an expensive watch worries me a bit.

In a way you do have a warranty, if it breaks you can pay to have it fixed , I mean really, if the website has been longstanding with no complaints and continued business what makes you think they would not honor their word about the warranty they offer?

How much are you saving at this website you speak of? if it is $100 I'd go with an AD and get a warranty, if it is thousands it would be a gray market or used.

You asked if we were comfortable with this, I would be, it sounds like you are not.

I have no doubt this place is reputable and I have no worries buying from them. I would be saving thousands, which is why I want to. I guess their warranty is just as good in case of something happening.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information