Are you happy with your shipping company?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Are you happy with your shipping company?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are you happy with your shipping company?

Lots of members buy and sell watches here, I was wondering what kind of experiences you have with USPS and others?

Most members I've bought from use USPS because it’s the cheapest and gets close to the address with success.
    I say close because I can’t seem to receive my package at my door, instead I get a stick-em on the door that they were here, and I end up waiting for the next business day to drive into the city and pick it up.

Again it happened yesterday, 9am USPS was here, and left a stick-em. My doorbell works good (very loud), and I have a little dog that puts up a fuss when someone knocks on the door.
    I think the USPS carrier fills out the stick-em slip in his vehicle, sticks it on the door and walks away routinely to get his/her route done early, its like they don't care.

Checked USPS complaints, hundreds if not thousands, and consumer affairs are loaded. I’m sure the other shipping companies have complaints, I didn't look them up because they make a better effort to deliver to my door.

The next time I buy a watch from a member, I'll offer to pay the difference to have it shipped FedEx.

When I get stuff via FedEx, somebody actually knocks on the door and I can enjoy opening my package minutes later . Another thing is FexEX and UPS have real live tracking, while USPS tracking is a joke, you only see were your package is as its leaving, two days later no info and don’t bother calling.

Let us know what your experiences are, I’m curious and this would be good for all of us to hear.
    Last edited by black watch; May 18th, 2014 at 19:26.

Re: Are you happy with your shipping company?

I never, ever use USPS. Its a deal breaker for me, not matter what the cost of the watch is.
    Bad experience with them that was never resolved.

FedEx or UPS is the way to go.
    "Two Things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

File a complaint to your local post master general.

Tell him/her that you were home, but nobody knocked on the door/or rang the bell.

Hey, you are already at the post office, it doesn't hurt to ask about it.
    Chronic flipper...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Most of my watches from abroad have come by DHL and I must say that I'm well impressed with them. They can get a parcel from the other side of the world in the same time as the Royal Mail can ship one 12 miles.

FedEx or UPS is the way to go.
    USPS......you don't lose $5 million a day by being effective.
    jjolly likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

For me, USPS or FedEX is the best way to get anything shipped. Within the US, USPS does a great job. The carriers know the neighborhoods and do make the extra effort to deliver. That being said, FedEx can deliver a watch from Germany faster than USPS can from Seattle.

My biggest problem is UPS. I don't know what UPS is like where you folks are from, but here, UPS is just an old shack at the airport thats only open for an hour a day during the week. The employees are great and do try, but they can only do so much working with so little.

I use USPS because they insure product whereas UPS and FEDEX will not pay a claim on watches over X amount.
    Also only have USPS in this backwater town I'm forced to call home!
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

When I sell a watch I ship it USPS, but I always insure it and add signature confirmation. I prefer to have watches shipped to me with something other than USPS, because since moving to my current address a year ago, my postal service has been absolutely horrible.

On the contrary, the most egregious issues I've had have been with FedEx and UPS. My JLC mysteriously disappeared into one of their large sorting facilities until I raised hell with the shipper, and a Cartier ring was misdelivered to the wrong person in the other instances. The USPS gets unfairly maligned all the time, and it would not be losing money were it not for the asinine mandate by congress that it had to fully fund their retirement benefits much earlier than any other private or public enterprise is expected to do.

Eliminate the USPS, and you'll find that rural America will be totally devoid of shipping services, as it is not cost effective for a for-profit enterprise like FedEx or UPS to develop infrastructure to service such low population density areas.

I think what is implicit in the other posts is that one's experience with USPS is quite dependent on the local post office, and how conscientious they are. But, I suspect that this is not any different with FedEx or UPS.
    Last edited by mleok; May 18th, 2014 at 21:49.
    ilitig8, wadefish, drhr and 1 others like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

USPS is a blessing, compared to other government operated postal operators... trust me, i've encountered with more than one, and it is by far the most efficient, cheap, fast, safe etc, considering it's postage flows of course.
    drhr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information