You mind wearing an used watch from an unknown source?

Thread: You mind wearing an used watch from an unknown source?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AnA

You mind wearing an used watch from an unknown source?

Just a thought...as I am thinking of getting an used watch to wear. I somehow seem to mind about wearing watches from an unknown source. The thought of who were the previous owners? And where are they right now? Are they still alive? I guess I do not need to elaborate further...

Does that bother you? When I thought about it, it bothers me. So now I am still hesitating to get an used watch even I like the design. Hope I get over it soon. What do you guys think?

Re: You mind wearing an used watch from an unknown source?

As long as the watch isn't a fake, and the condition of the watch is as advertised, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by clouser View Post
    As long as the watch isn't a fake, and the condition of the watch is as advertised, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    I agree. I bought my first watch a couple of weeks ago off someone from this forum. The transaction went really smooth. I don't have a problem with the fact that the watch was used.
    Very few tasks cannot be accomplished with orders that end in the words "... or die trying."

Current Collection: Sinn 656 on rubber strap | Seiko SKX781K on bracelet (Orange Monster) | Damasko DC56 | Suunto t4 | Casio G-Shock Cockpit Scuba Worldtime G-741D-7 | Doxa 1000T Professional | TAG Heuer Monaco CW2111.BA0780 (black chrono on braclet) | Seiko SKX779K3 on rubber (Black Monster) | Sinn U1 on rubber & steel | Orient Star WZ0271FD (300m yellow diver) | Panerai PAM112L
    Incoming: nothing currently
    Wish List: Christiaan van der Klaauw Ariadne in Steel | Omega Seamaster PO Big Size 2200.50.00 with Mesh Bracelet | Blankpain Fifty Fathoms and still looking . . .
    Gone:
    TAG Heuer 2000 Professional (blue chrono on bracelet)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No problems here.

The only used watch I ever wore was an Anonimo from Yamahaki and he assured me his eczema is cleared up....
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

I love wearing my used watch (from the poster right above me). I don't know him well, but I know he is alive (as of two minutes ago) and a good guy as well.
    Current: Casio G-Shock GW500A * Stowa Antea * Casio G-Shock GW530A * Omega SMP 2254.50 * Tissot Le Locle * Marathon SAR * Dievas Vortex No. 144 * Bernhardt Sea Shark No. 128 (grey)

Former: Orient Mako (black) * Orient Mako (blue) * Alpha 'Speedmaster' * Citizen NY2300 * Steinhart Ocean 1 * Seiko SNM005 * Legendary Invicta 8926 CE * Bernhardt Sea Shark No. 023 (red) * Ollech & Wajs MP 2824-2 * Glycine Lagunare 1000 COSC

Dreaming: Omega Planet Ocean * Omega Seamaster 300 * Omega Speedmaster * Sinn 857 UTC

If I bought one on leather, I'd try and arrainge a new strap right away otherwise, no. Bracelets are easy to clean well.

AnA

Seem many do not mind so far. It make me feel better now. Maybe I will continue for the hunt of an used watch.

Do you think it is worth to get an used Titoni Automatic watch for US$110 dollars? Feel a little too expensive for an used watch to me at that price. Anyway, see how it goes...

Keep in mind, you are asking this question on a forum visited by watch freaks who have a rep (WELL DESERVED) for buying, selling, and trading watches with lightning speed!

You'll probably get a different answer if you asked joe blow, regular guy. But the average WIS is definitely not averse to wearing someone elses watch, long as the price is right, and the terms of the transaction are well met.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

stuffler,mike

Depends on the condition of the watch..............and if you desperately want the watch. To each his own.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information