Hello everyone. As stated in the title I'm looking for advice on my next watch purchase(s). I am relatively cash-flush after selling my entire previous collection (Hamilton, Longines, Invicta, Omega SMP) and am already anxious to get my hands on my next timepiece. The idea was to reset my collection to one or two nice timepieces instead of three cheap ones and one high"er" end one. So now comes the decision on what that next one or two might be.
All total I have between $6,000 and $7,000 that I can spend. Here are a few plans-of-action that I've thought out:
1. Omega Planet Ocean ($3k-4k pre-owned). I've always liked the PO and it would leave me room in my budget to buy another nice timepiece (I was thinking pre-owned Breitling). I thought about a Speedmaster instead of the PO, but as of now I'd really like to stay all-automatic.
2. Zenith. I love the design and exclusivity of the El Primero 42mm (~$4.7k pre-owned), but there are some issues with this idea. First, there is no Zenith AD within 300 miles of me, so I can't try it on. Second, I like to keep a rotating door on my collection, and the relatively-low market demand could make reselling difficult and costly compared to an Omega or Rolex.
3. Rolex Explorer II ($5.8-$6.1k pre-owned). What attracts me to this idea the most is the low depreciation and high market demand of the watch, and that it looks incredible. However this also would burn up all of the cash in my budget and I'm questioning if I really want just one watch, albeit an incredible one, and no cash leftover.
Have any advice for me? All replies are very much appreciated.
If you'd like to suggest a watch, or perhaps a pair of them, my qualifications would be:
- 41mm+ case diameter
- Healthy resale market
- "Sporty" design. Divers, Chronographs, etc. I don't need a dress watch.
- (Combined) value of less than $7000 pre-owned (I only buy pre-owned).