WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Where on the clock face does your everyday watch have the most bezel scratches?

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 11 32.4%

Votes: 3 8.8%

Your bezel scratches

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Apollo83 
#1 ·
I was looking at my two most frequently worn watches and noticed the minor bezel scratches were in roughly the same place on each watch...
I must be doing something consistently wrong I thought... maybe I've been walking through doorways wrong all these years and can't help hitting the watch on the post the same way each time.
Is it just me?
Do I need help?

Or maybe everyone tends to scratch their bezels in one area more than others.

So how about a quick poll?

Its an easy one...
Look at your most frequently worn watch then make a call on where the most scratches are on the bezel.
Answer the poll with the 12h reference that is closest to your most scratches.

Don't worry if you have a rotating bezel - if you're an OCD WIS you should be keeping it the same place most of the time anyway.

Thanks in advance for your help in this very important scientific experiment.

See less See more
#4 ·
Unfortunately for this poll, my ceramic bezel does not scratch. I wish 'no bezel' scratches would have been an option. I've avoided metal bezels because bezel scratches are my pet peeve, only outdone by crystal scratches.

Reactions: Apollo83
#9 ·
I never have my bezels set in the 'correct' position with the arrow or marker on 12, they just stay where ever they are after fiddling with them, so my scratches are all over the place, i wouldnt know where it was at the time of scratching.

#14 ·
3 separate divers with a small single scratch between 12 and 2 on the bezel

- enamel coated insert.........got a new insert
- brushed solid bezel............carefully brushed out the scratch
- solid blasted ...................living with, but could blast out or pvd over

#15 ·
11:30 on multiple watches from knocking into a door knob.

#18 ·
A little evidence for some clustering around the 11pm - 30% of us apparently compared to 8% expected for random / uniform distribution.

But with only a sample size of 30 so far I'm not sure there's anything statistically significant.

Conclusion: I need to get ceramic bezels...

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.