72. This poll is closed
  • Seiko

57 79.17%
  • Longines

15 20.83%

Thread: Your opinions appreciated :

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Your opinions appreciated : SEIKO / LONGINES

Which is better looking, the Seiko Velatura Chrono, or the Longines HydroConquest Quartz Chrono ?

EDIT/CONCLUSION:
    Well I have seen both in real life, and that's why i was hesitating (i had planned on getting the Longines, as I'm a Longines fan)).

The Seiko is actually slightly nicer. the Longines' bezel has clumsy black paint on it. I don't need rotating bezels (both my TAGs and my Oris have them). I also have a TAG with the same movement as that Longines.
    I do however, want a tachymeter. there's a racetrack i visit often, where I can time Cars from point A to B (1 Kilometer), and use the tachy to get the average speed (just a bit of fun really).

What really got me was the fact that the Seiko is a third the price of the Longines !
    The alarm dial can be used as a second time zone, which means I can take this one on my travels. It can also take conventional straps (26mm wide !), which should make it look pretty cool.

The money I save would be added to my budget for a mechanical Dress watch (Longines or Nomos..) .

I just needed a little vote of confidence from you watch-aholics , which I've just got, so thanks a lot .....Seiko wins it !

Last edited by pure; March 31st, 2008 at 09:21.

Re: Your opinions appreciated :

Between these two, I woulod choose the Seiko. I like its cleaner dial.
    Scott

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

i choose seiko, mainly because i prefer them anyway cause i am biased lol, i do like Vintage Longines though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the seiko would be my pick - it has a more interesting case and bracelet and a nicer crown. the longines has a bog standard endlink and bracelet...very plain and rather boring. additional pluses for the seiko is the alarm function and depth of the dial due to the two-tier reflector ring. the longines is a fairly ordinary quartz chrono in dial layout & functionality.

the one thing that i think the longines is clearly better at in this comparision is the visibility of the hands and the ability to easily read the time is a pretty big deal to me.

i think i'd try to see the seiko in person before buying or if that's not possible buy from a source that will allow a full refund if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by pure View Post
    Which is better looking, the Seiko Velatura Chrono, or the Longines HydroConquest Quartz Chrono ?

Last edited by Denizen; March 30th, 2008 at 16:46.

Longines by a mile.
    the bracelet endlinks line up with the lugs on the L. The seiko isn't even close.
    The bezel rotates on Longines, with numbers on it. The seiko is tachy which is just goofy to me. The hands on Seiko are strange, and not so legible.
    he only reason to favor the Seiko is for alarm. which i couldn't care less about.
    they are pretty different watches, and difficult to compare.

Edited. See first post
    Last edited by pure; March 31st, 2008 at 09:18.

I'm a european and this time I hate my vote...Seiko
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

I'll go out on a limb here and say the seiko. I think the longines is nice, but in this case the seiko is worlds better. also to they have a premier thats in the same price range.

I'd have to say that the Seiko has a cleaner, more refined look. The hour markers on the Longines are a bit strange, perhaps a bit clumsy(?).

The Seiko looks nicer. Much cleaner look.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information