Of your watches, which has the highest and lowest satisfaction to price ratio ?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Of your watches, which has the highest and lowest satisfaction to price ratio ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Of your watches, which has the highest and lowest satisfaction to price ratio ?

From afar, two similar-looking watches can have a price difference of 2000%. Few products have that kind of variability. Prices can ramp up exponentially.

To that end, which of your watches have the highest and lowest satisfaction to price ratio?

I have a watch I admittedly bought on price, but was such a pleasant surprise. Comfortable leather strap, and looks that are most of the time inappropriate, but for certain occasions really fits the bill for me. The Stuhrling, cost me only $70. I'd rate it a six out of ten in satisfaction.

The AT Citizen, I also enjoy, although because I prefer the comfort of leather straps, its steel bracelet prevents me from choosing it more often. I also give it a rating of 6 out of 10, but at nearly $300, it's ratio is about five times lower than that of the Stuhrling. Ha, go figure.

Name:  Shuhrling smaller.JPG
Views: 1196
Size:  1.15 MB

Name:  CB0020-50E.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  86.6 KB
    jason_recliner likes this.

Banned

Re: Of your watches, which has the highest and lowest satisfaction to price ratio ?

Highest
    I got it for free from Father-in-law

Lowest:

That is because I bought it thinking it was a cockpit clock, and it turned out to be a bedside wakeop clock minus the case.
    Worthless junk.
    I think anyway!
    Last edited by Ray MacDonald; March 15th, 2011 at 22:41. Reason: Language

Re: Of your watches, which has the highest and lowest satisfaction to price ratio ?

Quote Originally Posted by will50569 View Post
    ...its steel bracelet prevents me from choosing it more often.

Err.. why not just put it on a leather strap then?
    thekody likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
    Err.. why not just put it on a leather strap then?
    Great minds think alike, the strap is ordered and on its way.

Of the watches I currently own I'd say the CWC G10, such a great little piece and a bargain at £90.

Then there's the HMT Pilot which is a wonderful watch and the best £16 I ever spent. As much as I loved it (and in fact because of how much I loved it) I gave it to me Dad and I continue to get pleasure from it through him.

But then my more expensive watches give me enormous pleasure too, certainly no watch has ever given me nearly as much joy as my Explorer which cost many, many times what I paid for either of the watches above.

So to be honest, I don't really know. And as for the lowest satisfaction ratio? Well those ones I just flip and forget!
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Banned

Highest: Monster on bracelet. I love it, and it cost $155 BNIB.

Lowest: Sea-Dweller. I love it, but...

Black Monster on an Anvil for me...on a Sunday with that red date.... highest satisfaction to cost ratio....

lowest, though I really like my Stowa, I don't like it 4 times as much as my monster

Edit-upon further review I do like my Stowa 10 times more than my Parnis so that is my least fave based on like to price ratio.
    Last edited by drickster; March 16th, 2011 at 00:13.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Highest - Damasko DA 36 - a great used example from a member here - AUD $600.00

Lowest - GWF 1000B - very impressive watch but just wasn't for me

Highest: One of these...

Lowest: One of these two...

Cybotron and mebiuspower like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huntershooter View Post
    Highest: One of these...

Lowest: One of these two...

Some nice vintage pieces there..
    Regards,

Richard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information