You've got to get one of these...A quick review of the Perrelet Seacraft.
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: You've got to get one of these...A quick review of the Perrelet Seacraft.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I bought this watch from 300watches on Ebay; they were very good to deal with, pleasant and very accommodating with my shipping needs. I highly recommend this seller. I cant say enough about this seller. I was in a rush to take the pictures and write the brief review.

BRAND: Perrelet Perrelet - since 1777
    Perrelet was formed in 1777 by Abraham-Louis Perrelet a Swiss Horologist. Perrelet invented a self winding mechanism in the 1770's for pocket watches. Perrelet is widely acknowledged as the inventor of the basic movement known today as the automatic. In 1780 Perrelet invented the first pedometer measuring the steps and distance when walking. The brand claims a history of watch making since then but the real change happened in 2004 when Festina acquired them. They are now considered a lower tier luxury brand in the $4k-$8k range. In 2011 Basel Perrelet unveiled their Seacraft line. This is their first attempt at making a sport/dive watch.

THE PRESENTATION BOX:
    All I will say about the box is damn, its heavy. It has a push button release just like the one found on the deployant clasp. Inside is a nylon/Velcro strap with a signed clasp. Also included is a combination spring bar tool/screwdriver. Please excuse the dust specs (included with the watch) as well as the pictures. I was far too excited to get this watch on my wrist, so I wasnt too worried about the specs.

THE CASE ON THE SCREW DOWN CROWN SIDE:
    This watch has one of the most unique cases Ive seen; it sports the Perrelet logo on the crown. The case has several angles giving it a chunky look on its 42mm diameter. The sapphire crystal is slightly raised, you will also notice that the lugs are nicely curved making for a great fit on the wrist.

THE CASE ON THE NON CROWN SIDE:

The case on the 9:00 side shows the He escape valve and has the same machined look to it as the crown side. I just love this case design. This side is squared off where the He escape valve is, it has smooth curves and no sharp edges.

ON THE WRIST:
    The fit and finish is on par with any watch Ive ever owned, it is extremely well proportioned. 42mm width/14.5mm thick/50mm lug to lug/20mm lug width. They use C1 super luminova on the applied markers, hands and second hand has a lume pip. It has a 120 click unidirectional bezel that is very crisp with no play and lines up perfectly at the 12:00 position. The lume is pretty impressive, not quite C3 super luminova but very acceptable, it definitely lasts through the night. The blue dial and bezel are so blue that you cant help yourself from constantly looking at it. Make no mistake, this is one substantial watch!

THE BRACELET:

The bracelet is awesome; it has a single screw for easy removal of the links. The ratcheting micro adjustment/divers extension gives you that perfect fit and its extremely comfortable. This is very similar to the Breitling micro adjustment which should be on every watch in my opinion. The buckle is signed buckle which adds that little bit of je ne sais quoi.

ACCURACY:
    Having just received this watch today, Im not sure how the accuracy is, however, from what Ive read, Im sure I wont be disappointed.
    LUME:
    The lume is on par with any one of my watches. I think you'll agree that it's quite good.

SUMMARY:
    I feel that the quality of this watch ranks right up there with any watch Ive ever owned, the construction is exceptional. The presentation exceeds most/all Ive owned. My overall impression of this watch is as follows:
    Presentation: 10 out of 10
    Fit and finish: 9 out of 10
    Luminescence: 9 out of 10
    Bracelet: 10 out of 10
    Value: 10 out of 10
    Accuracyto be announced.
    Robmks, Citizen V, pepedog and 6 others like this.
    VIEW MY SALES FEEDBACK>>>>​https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/fe...l#post50434737

/ll[_\__\]
    l llL-_O|||||||O_
    ()_)()_)()_)

Re: You've got to get one of these...A quick review of the Perrelet Seacraft.

That's a gorgeous shade of blue. From the top the watch looks sleek almost a little dressy like a Planet Ocean but as soon as you see the side view you know that watch is down for some business!

Very cool and a promising new entry into a pretty saturated dive watch market.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WnS

Now that's a sweet looking watch, $1700 isn't a bad price. What material is the bezel insert made of?
    Gary123 likes this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

Nope, I'll pass, it doesn't do a thing for me.
    portauto, rics21 and mikeynd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WnS View Post
    Now that's a sweet looking watch, $1700 isn't a bad price. What material is the bezel insert made of?
    Took the words right out of my mouth. The bezel takes most of the abuse. Is the blue on the bezel something like paint or anodizing? This would be a deal breaker because if so, if it were my watch, it would be miserably scratched up within a few years. Sapphire inserts are great, ceramic is very good, and even raised numerals are good. But it its paint or anodizing, it is inexpensive and fragile and is likely to look beat up in a few years.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

That's a beauty! Love the bezel "knurling" very impressive and unique. Great color.

I quite like these. They're all a tad large for me but they're out of my price range atm anyway.

falcon - didn't you get a wood box? Something like this? (not my watch)

Name:  599711176_o.jpg
Views: 3565
Size:  192.1 KB

Personally I like black for dive watches and a black leather strap.

Lovely watch. Congratulations.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information