Zenith Captain "Elite" SS white diale vs Omega Deville "Power Reserve" white dial?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Zenith Captain "Elite" SS white diale vs Omega Deville "Power Reserve" white dial?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mac

Zenith Captain "Elite" SS white diale vs Omega Deville "Power Reserve" white dial?

Hi, I am on the fnce between these two.

The Zenith is very nice but perhaps a little more "understated" than the Omega with it's power reserve dial and more ornate case design and lugs etc.

Not sure which one will be the best long term in minimising depreciation, I've heard that Zeniths take a battering on residuals?

Here are links to pics of them, first up the Omega (It would be the white dial on strap version - 38.7mm with no display back)
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de...w=1093&bih=472

Next the Zenith (The white/silver dial, gold indices with central seconds, date at 6 O'clock and the display back on strap again)
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=de...w=1093&bih=472

Whyat do you think?

I have 6.7" wrists and the Zenith may wear larger not only because it is nearly 2mm larger but also as it has less bezel and is more dial?

Cheers

Mac.
    If you won't leave me alone, I'll find someone who will

Re: Zenith Captain "Elite" SS white diale vs Omega Deville "Power Reserve" white dial?

Zenith easily for me.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

Re: Zenith Captain "Elite" SS white diale vs Omega Deville "Power Reserve" white dial?

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by omega1234 View Post
    Zenith easily for me.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Heck, I'll throw my hat in for the Omega.

Mac

Any Zenith owners out there?
    If you won't leave me alone, I'll find someone who will

Both great, but I've always loved that Omega. One of their best looking watches, and it's so rare to get an Omega with a power reserve. It's a nice touch.

I'll chime in. I own the Captain Central Seconds. I have 6.5 inch wrists and I would say the Zenith is the "perfect" size for me. Have you seen it in person? Photos don't begin to do it justice. It's an incredibly subtle and beautiful design. The face has a sunburst effect which is almost unnoticeable at first glance, but in fact gives the watch an extraordinary gentle glow, like moonshine. The contrast between the nicely faceted rose gold indices and stainless steel, together with the blued steel second hand gives the watch a distinctive appearance that manages to look both classical and modern at the same time.

The case is slim - around 7 or 8 mm thick. The strap is proper alligator, and Zenith thoughtfully line it with soft rubber, which improves comfort and durability.

The Zenith Elite movement doesn't get nearly as much attention as the El Primero, but it's developed and built in house,and is very attractively finished and accurate. And of course you get the very funky Zenith Star balance weight.

I find the Captain extremely versatile - although a classic dress watch in spirit it is equally at home with say jeans and a nice white shirt. This is sounding a lot like a Zenith ad I know, but the Captain Central Seconds has become far and away the favorite watch in my collection, alongside its cousin, the Captain Winsor annual calendar chrono.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Watchnik; October 6th, 2012 at 23:01.
    CitizenM likes this.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

[QUOTE=Watchnik;5526762]
    I agree with all the comments about the Zenith above except the thickness of the Captain series. They are listed at 9mm. The Elite ultra-thin is 7mm. I own the Black star bust dial Ultra-thin and it is really hard to capture in pictures with the domed sapphire crystal. Much better in person. Here is about as good as I got so far:

Last edited by samanator; October 9th, 2012 at 04:54.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

I strongly prefer the Omega. That said, I never seem to choose the Zenith in these things. I think I'm just not keen on Zenith aesthetics.

[QUOTE=samanator;5528504]
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchnik View Post
    I agree with all the comments about the Zenith above except the thickness of the Captain series. They are listed at 9mm. The Elite ultra-thin is 7mm. I own the Black star bust dial Ultra-thin and it is really hard to capture in pictures with the domes sapphire crystal. Much better in person. Here is about as good as I got so far:
    Both the Elite Ultra Thin and Captain Central Seconds are beautiful watches. FYI Zenith website has Captain as 8.15mm case thickness and the Ultra Thin as 8.3mm. I'm a little surprised as subjectively the Ultrathin does look and feel a little thinner.
    Last edited by Watchnik; October 7th, 2012 at 22:51.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information