Zixen Mesh Bracelet Question

Thread: Zixen Mesh Bracelet Question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Zixen Mesh Bracelet Question

I hope you'll all be patient as I will try to describe my inquiry the best way I can...

I just got a mesh bracelet from my Trimix and was wondering if it is possible to remove all the solid links to connect the edges of the mesh (on both ends) to the clasp. I only have a six and a half inch wrist and I am only 1 link away from making it fit comfortably. (the clasp is already adjusted to it's tightest)

On the far right end of the clasp, I was able to take out all links and connect the edge of the mesh to the clasp without a problem but on the left side, there is one solid link remaining that is connected to the lock of the clasp, held by a curved pin that is the point of my confusion. If I can figure out how to remove that pin and slide it back later on, I can remove that last link and connect the edge of the mesh. - problem solved!

Has anyone removed all the solid links successfully?

Please see the photos below. If you know how, I hope you can enlighten me. I have tried pushing it out from both ends
    but it doesn't seem to be the way to go. Is there a tool that does the trick or is this not possible at all...

Sorry to confuse you guys,,,i hope the pics will show you what I mean...Thanks in advance -Adam

Name:  Brisbane-20110830-00191.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  198.1 KBName:  Brisbane-20110830-00193.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  180.3 KB

Re: Zixen Mesh Bracelet Question

I believe you will have to remove 2 pins to get that link out. Is the pin(s) visible from both sides? If so it should either push out or unscrew depending on how it is held in. If that is the only side of the pin visible then the solution gets much harder. You will need some way to grip a small rounded edge and pull while holding the bracelet firm. In that case I would take it to a jeweler. I don't see a curve in the pin, but I'll look harder.

+1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    I believe you will have to remove 2 pins to get that link out. Is the pin(s) visible from both sides? If so it should either push out or unscrew depending on how it is held in. If that is the only side of the pin visible then the solution gets much harder. You will need some way to grip a small rounded edge and pull while holding the bracelet firm. In that case I would take it to a jeweler. I don't see a curve in the pin, but I'll look harder.
    thanks for your reply John, yes 2 pins to remove that link. One of them is a standard screw link so no problem, the other pin that holds the clasp lock however has no carving for a tool to twist open. I already tried pushing from both ends (they are visible on both sides) but it would not budge. the "curve" I mentioned was just to describe the visible parts of that problem pin.

Thanks for your advice..I might have to escalate it to a jeweler soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pee Dee View Post
    thanks for your reply John, yes 2 pins to remove that link. One of them is a standard screw link so no problem, the other pin that holds the clasp lock however has no carving for a tool to twist open. I already tried pushing from both ends (they are visible on both sides) but it would not budge. the "curve" I mentioned was just to describe the visible parts of that problem pin.Thanks for your advice..I might have to escalate it to a jeweler soon.
    Is the pin with rounded ends the only one of that design? If so I wonder if the watch company didn't mushrom or flare the ends to secure it permanently. I think a trip to the jewelers would be a good idea. Be sure to post your results.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Is the pin with rounded ends the only one of that design? If so I wonder if the watch company didn't mushrom or flare the ends to secure it permanently. I think a trip to the jewelers would be a good idea. Be sure to post your results.
    Thanks! I'll keep you posted John...I have another generic mesh with a different clasp but the same pin holding the lock. I'll check my other watches too buut it's starting to look like it's not meant to be removed :(

Yeah it looks like a rivet to me that is to say the ends of the pin have been hammered over ,
    if this is correct then it will have to be drilled out or cut off with a grinder wheel !
    looks like a job for an expert jeweler ! unless you have the tools and skill but i would get a jeweler to
    advise you first !

good luck !!
    Grandpa ! when were you in the Navy ?

" Arrr me lad , Twas back in the day when Ships were made of WOOD and the men were made of STEEL "

Quote Originally Posted by majikat View Post
    Yeah it looks like a rivet to me that is to say the ends of the pin have been hammered over ,
    if this is correct then it will have to be drilled out or cut off with a grinder wheel !
    looks like a job for an expert jeweler ! unless you have the tools and skill but i would get a jeweler to
    advise you first !

good luck !!
    Now that you've pointed it out, I think it actually is hammered over with that rivet (if that's what it's called) If so then I will just back off or get myself a new clasp
    which is much easier and less stressful :) Cheers mate!

I wish I had found this thread earlier but oh well. It's a rivet like you guys have figured out that holds the safety clasp in place and removing it would require drilling. A few options you have if you still have the bracelet is to either punch out or drill two new micro adjustment holes in the clasp and that will allow you to move up the link that is in the clasp up more to make it fit. Another option is to find, or make, two round aluminum shims to place on the last link under the clasp, you will need them if you remove the last link that sits flush with the micro adjustment side of the clasp. I had to do this when I had an Irreantum Magellan and the ratchet clasp would dig into my wrist so I picked up an aftermarket and the OEM links on the BOR bracelet would not sit flush.
    Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads...

Pee Dee...did you ever find a solution for this? I recently had the same issue but found a solution.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information