Zodiac???????
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Zodiac???????

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Zodiac???????

I have been somewhat intrigues with Zodiacs lately. Anybody have opinions/experiences with them? Thanks
    JonS1967 and E8ArmyDiver like this.

Re: Zodiac???????

Seen older quartz model. Solid entry value Swiss Quartz. For what they been sold you can boast about cool and unique design with solid ETA inside.
    O experience with new models.
    It should be special!

I think Zodiac has been making some solid watches lately and certainly is worth considering. Any piece in particular that you have your eye on?
    Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date ref WAR201E Tag Heuer Carrera Twin Time ref WV2116 Tag Heuer Formula 1 ref WAZ2114 Tag Heuer Carrera Jack Heuer 81 ref CV5111Omega Speedmaster Tintin ref 311.30.42.30.01.004Omega Seamaster 300m ref 212.30.41.20.01.002
    Omega Planet Ocean 600m ref 232.32.46.21.01.005 Tudor Heritage Black Bay Black ref 79230N Rolex Submariner ref 114060 Rolex Explorer I Mk1 ref 214270 Eterna Kontiki ref 1220.41 Longines Legend Diver no date ref L3.674.456.2 Laco Cuxhaven ​ref. 862104

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks.

Looking at a couple of Sea Dragons. Prices seem about right for "a toe in the water."

I've got the ZO9207 Super Sea Wolf and the ZO9705 Military Olympos and couldn't be happier. Both are very appealing to my eyes. I recommend them.

Here's the basic rundown, according to me:

* Old Zodiac = lots of colours, designs, quartz models and definitely felt like a Fossil department store sub-brand.

* Around 2011, new Zodiac comes along. Someone in Fossil management gives them the green light to go up-market, design something to compete with Longines and draw on Zodiac's heritage designs.

* Fossil sets up STP (Swiss Technology Production) to make mechanical movements for them, generally agreed to be "Swissified" movements of Chinese design (i.e. passes the "Swiss Made" requirements).

* STP 1-11 generally compared to SW200 and ETA 2824 in performance but their reliability is not proven. What I mean is, some people get great movements that are reliable and run within the COSC limits while others get broken movements that need repair. hard to tell what the failure rate is. Speaking for my own Zodiac Sea Dragon, I get +5 seconds a day with no positional variance.

My advice is if you want a Zodiac, go for it but don't pay retail price. The Sea Dragon I have retails for $1195 but I bought it on eBay brand new for $400. So definitely not a watch that retains any kind of value at all. But for $400, that is like a microbrand watch and you get something Swiss Made with a decent movement and great retro styling from a brand that has some heritage PLUS the monetary backing of a large corporate entity.
    So yes - definitely give Zodiac a try - their model range over the past few years is proof of just how hard they are trying to appeal to watch hobbyists like us.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Thank you!

Seriously...! I guess your not interested in the history or followed Basel less than a week ago... the hottest seller and talked about watches at the show!
    "Time isn't the main thing. It is the only thing!" - Miles Davis

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends don't let friends buy G-Schlocks.

You think I'm condescending...?? Do you even know what that means... ??

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹ I have learned that you have to put a smiley face or LOL behind anything just so people don't take you too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by I Like em BIG ! ! View Post
    Seriously...! I guess your not interested in the history or followed Basel less than a week ago... the hottest seller and talked about watches at the show!
    are you drunk?

Sent from my Google Pixelbook using Tapatalk
    GARMIN Fenix 5s
    HAMILTON Khaki Field Mechanical H69439931
    MANCHESTER WATCH WORKS 62MAS
    ORIS Big Crown Pointer Date 01 754 7741 4065-07 5 20 63
    PULSAR Digital Alarm Chronograph W358-5A00
    SEIKO Alpinist SARB017
    SEIKO SKX013

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information