~1880 wristwatch

Thread: ~1880 wristwatch

~1880 wristwatch

Hello, could somebody can say something about this watch? I think it is made in approximately 1880 years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Re: ~1880 wristwatch

It's a pocket watch that had those wire connections added later to make it into a wrist watch.

Stating the obvious. It's old and has considerable wear, seems to have santa and reindeer logo so it could be a promotional item kind of like pocket knives from many years ago. Does it have the winding key? The movement is not decorated, nor does it have any "makers mark" thus identifying it. Other than antique value I doubt it has much. But I could be wrong, and occasionally am.

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lunapark View Post
    Hello, could somebody can say something about this watch? I think it is made in approximately 1880 years.
    As others mentioned it started life as a pocketrwatch and was converted to wrist use at some point. The movement is key wound and key set of european origin has few or no jewels and is of moderate quality. The movement and case show a lot of wear. Indeed I haven't seen that much wear on a movement before, but that's likely due to the case design.

Unless it is a watch with sentimental value I would not spend money on it.
    Last edited by John MS; April 3rd, 2010 at 03:08.

Thread Information