****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread**** - Page 31
Like Tree838Likes

Thread: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 522
  1. #301
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,819

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    That looks really good, Dan. I would not have guessed the grey works so well. I am not really impressed with the leather straps provided with both the Railmaster and Seamaster 300. But that is only a very small issue at most. On the other hand, both the NATO and leather straps that come with the model, provide two excellent stainless steel buckles with the vintage logo.
    The leather straps are awful. The quality seems to really be lacking, but I’m told they mirror straps from the fifties.

    Now the NATO’s are so on point. I love the rounded keepers and the material has a nicer texture than the “seatbelt” style that Omega adopt for their modern watches. It’s nice that I have 2 options now. I’m also considering a distressed canvas strap too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carlhaluss and traf like this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current

    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

  2. #302
    Member dantan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    12,023

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Congratulations Carl!

    You are on fire!

    I will never be able to keep up with you!

    I did have a chance last year to try and purchase a Seamaster 300 Limited Edition but ended up not purchasing it.

    It is a cool Watch.

    I personally found it too similar to my Railmaster.

    The rotating bezel is so narrow!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

  3. #303
    Member Sloopjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,409

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Wow Carl, another one, and a beauty, huge congrats.
    I love mine, as you know, it looks really unique these days with its small size and narrow bezel. Best watch purchase I ever made.
    solesman, carlhaluss and traf like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #304
    Member carlhaluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    7,803

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Wow Carl, another one, and a beauty, huge congrats.
    I love mine, as you know, it looks really unique these days with its small size and narrow bezel. Best watch purchase I ever made.
    Funny thing, with certain elements on certain watches, that we kind of find unappealing at first, until we learn more about them. I really didn't think I would care for the narrow bezel, but realizing that is exactly how it was originally, really shed new light on it. And in this day and age it is really unique. A real, working diver watch, that is exactly as it was back in the day!
    It was the same with the Speedmaster. For years I didn't care for it's look, and just kept avoiding trying it on. After I did research, and found that it actually was worn on the Moon, and first into space, it took on a new light. The I remembered watching the moon landing with my Dad in 1969. Now I love it! Just as I do the bezel on the Seamaster 300.
    solesman, Horoticus and Sloopjohnb like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

  6. #305
    Member carlhaluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    7,803

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    Congratulations Carl!

    You are on fire!

    I will never be able to keep up with you!

    I did have a chance last year to try and purchase a Seamaster 300 Limited Edition but ended up not purchasing it.

    It is a cool Watch.

    I personally found it too similar to my Railmaster.

    The rotating bezel is so narrow!
    I remember quite a few threads ago, you mentioned your reaction to the Seamaster 300. And I felt the same way. Until yesterday, I never even saw one in real life. At first, the bezel threw me off quite a bit. However, when I started to see all the other elements, like the screw down crown, and the 300M Water Resistance, it struck me how cool it is to actually have the experience of trying on a watch that is almost identical to the original 60 years ago. Made me look at the watch differently. And I realized that in all likelihood the bezel would be something I would grow to love. Now, when I see it on my wrist, I find it totally appealing.

    Not for everyone, though. My doctor and I discuss watches quite a bit. He was looking for an Omega Seamaster 300 as well. He saw the 60th Anniversary model and didn't like the bezel, so he got the new one. And he is very happy with it. I had the new one at one time, but in the end I found it too large. But I was happy they left the date off!
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

  7. #306
    Member Sloopjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,409

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Funny thing, with certain elements on certain watches, that we kind of find unappealing at first, until we learn more about them. I really didn't think I would care for the narrow bezel, but realizing that is exactly how it was originally, really shed new light on it. And in this day and age it is really unique. A real, working diver watch, that is exactly as it was back in the day!
    It was the same with the Speedmaster. For years I didn't care for it's look, and just kept avoiding trying it on. After I did research, and found that it actually was worn on the Moon, and first into space, it took on a new light. The I remembered watching the moon landing with my Dad in 1969. Now I love it! Just as I do the bezel on the Seamaster 300.
    Yes, I wasn‘t impressed at first either when they were introduced at BW. Too shiny, narrow bezel. What swayed me were Dan‘s (Solesman) pics when his arrived. We have similarly small wrists, and I realised that the narrow bezel makes it look much better on my wrist than the 300MC which I had at the time.
    The history is nice but not a reason why I bought it. I made that mistake with the Speedy and have learnt my lesson.
    solesman and carlhaluss like this.

  8. #307
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,819

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Yes, I wasn‘t impressed at first either when they were introduced at BW. Too shiny, narrow bezel. What swayed me were Dan‘s (Solesman) pics when his arrived. We have similarly small wrists, and I realised that the narrow bezel makes it look much better on my wrist than the 300MC which I had at the time.
    The history is nice but not a reason why I bought it. I made that mistake with the Speedy and have learnt my lesson.
    Totally agree with that sentiment John. That bezel was the USP for me. It really adds to the 300’s appeal.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current

    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

  9. #308
    Member Sloopjohnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,409

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Yep, and your pic with both the 300MC and the 300LE early in this thread shows the different size of the bezel very well. And how much better the LE is for small wrists - unless you like hockey pucks
    carlhaluss and traf like this.

  10. #309
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,819

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Yep, and your pic with both the 300MC and the 300LE early in this thread shows the different size of the bezel very well. And how much better the LE is for small wrists - unless you like hockey pucks
    Those 2mm extra case diameter coupled with a protruding bezel make it wear like a 43mm. Also the end links are huge on the 300MC.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current

    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

  11. #310
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,819

    Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

    Finally managed to take a photo of the 300 that looks ok.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current

    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 0
      Last Post: July 27th, 2017, 10:40
    2. Hands-on impressions with 1957 Trilogy!
      By robattopper in forum Omega
      Replies: 93
      Last Post: March 31st, 2017, 10:29
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 22nd, 2017, 16:40
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 22nd, 2017, 14:20
    5. Replies: 10
      Last Post: December 15th, 2007, 17:02

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •