****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread**** - Page 41
Like Tree838Likes

Thread: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

I'm glad to hear to agree John Although it's 42mm I found it wore really nicely. I don't like it on the bracelet which is a good thing as it makes it wear too big for my wrist too. This thing will be on the straps for life. I'll be getting it on leather with deployant clasp I think.

The history became a second thing for me and one that I've now become fascinated by and spent a lot reading up about it.

Shots from the OB last week.

Name:  IMG_0002.jpeg
Views: 275
Size:  1.77 MB

Name:  IMG_0003.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  1.21 MB

I hear you regarding the Sub, but I'm not in a rush at all and fancy a change of pace with the Speedy for a while. Plus I need to get off my backside and list the PO and 300 on here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    That would indeed be a classic and classy two-watch collection, Dan.
    I had the Speedy Pro a few years ago. It wore a bit big on my small wrist and I realized that I had bought it more for the history than looks. But I had been wearing a chrono (MK40) for 20 years and was really looking for something with a cleaner dial. So my Speedy left quickly. It is however a great piece and I like seeing it on other people‘s wrists. Good luck with your hunt, it shouldn‘t be too difficult.

I also prefer the look of the 14060 over the chunky six-digit models. Problem is that they won‘t get any cheaper. Maybe you should hunt for that first. The Speedy will always be available at a decent price.

Same here with the bezel, Carl. I wasn‘t impressed at all. I had the 300MC and it took me a while to realize that the wide and slightly overhanging bezel contributed to the hockey puck look on my small wrist. It took Dan‘s first pics to make me try on the LE and then there was no way back.

I have some days when I wish I would have bought the RMLE but I know myself well enough that I would then be yearning for something a little sportier. Can‘t have it all, I guess. And buying a second one is absolutely out of the question because I don’t want any kind of collection. For me, the 300 is the perfect one watch, like the Sub, EX1, Speedy, PO or AT for many others.
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

To be honest Dan, that looks just like mine, too big. There seems to to be no curving, the strap goes to down in a straight line at the 6 o‘clock side, and the other side may not be much better. That‘s too big, at least for me.
    Had the same with the 300MC on strap.
    It is a little bit better with the bracelet because that goes all the way up to the case which leads to at least a slight curve.

My ideal lug to lug would probably be around 44mm. Even the 300LE ist stretching it with 48mm, but it works on bracelet because of the female endlinks and on the Nato as well because that also continues right up to the case. Leather is soso.

It's hard to take a decent wrist shot, but it does curve a little. No lug overhang. It is on the upper end of size that I can get wear for sure
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yes indeed, I had no lug overhang either but it just wasn‘t for me. But in the end it must please you and not me. And overall it looks nice, and I would also prefer it on a strap. And as you said, the Speedy looks great on a lot of straps

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    yes indeed, I had no lug overhang either but it just wasn‘t for me. But in the end it must please you and not me. And overall it looks nice, and I would also prefer it on a strap. And as you said, the Speedy looks great on a lot of straps
    That’s fair enough. Intensely personal things watches.

Anyway, getting this thread back on track. Here is an old shot I took of my 300 last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Great pic Dan, and yes, the whole thing is very personal
    solesman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. but totally understand where you are coming from. I've tried that reference on and really is beautiful. So which pieces will you be selling and keeping?

This forum is my favourite little space on the internet. WUS is a great website, but little F20 is where it's at with all my friends I can chat to and catch up with

Yep I'm thinking it will be a great watch for me. The sapphire reference does nothing for me at all (It was the one I had years before) The hesalite just makes it for me. It's been said a 1000 times, but it adds to the warmth and vintage feel of the watch
    Unfortunately, the Seamaster 300 60th LE will likely be going. It just doesn't get wrist time, with the Railmaster being top of the list for me. And, as I mentioned, the FOIS Sedna. Then one of my Panerai watches, the PAM 720, LE Radiomir with blued hands and plexi crystal. It is a beauty, but I also have the 721 which is identical except that it has the anonymous dial, where the 720 has "Radiomir Panerai" on the dial. They are both LE models, only I got the 720 first thinking that the 721 is no longer available. Guess I should have tried harder, but there it is. Both watches have blued hands and a spare plexi crystal. If they got equal wrist time, I would keep both. But the 721 is the one I prefer.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Worrying to see some of you guys thinking about offloading the Seamaster, one even for a 14060. I'm considering both the 14060m and the Seamaster as a good black dial dive all-rounder. I don't like the Rolex at nearly double the price for what is now a very common watch. The Seamaster has a unique look, possibly too unique for some?
    carlhaluss likes this.

It's not about uniquness for me. It's more a case of the 300 being too vintage looking and not suiting my lifestyle. The 14060m is a classic looking Sub. What price it is worth is a personal thing. The 300 is a superb watch with a very good movement. If you like the look of 300, then you can't go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Worrying to see some of you guys thinking about offloading the Seamaster, one even for a 14060. I'm considering both the 14060m and the Seamaster as a good black dial dive all-rounder. I don't like the Rolex at nearly double the price for what is now a very common watch. The Seamaster has a unique look, possibly too unique for some?
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Yokied, I think that indeed not everyone likes the vintage look. The Speedy is probably the most popular of the three 57 LEs, and quite a lot of people in the WIS crowd like the RM. The 300 is somewhere in-between, I guess. As they are still around you can probably try it on somewhere. But if you say you don‘t like the Rolex for the reasons you stated it wouldn’t really make sense to buy one, right?
    P.S. I love my 300 LE for its look and perfect size
    Last edited by Sloopjohnb; December 18th, 2018 at 13:52.
    solesman and carlhaluss like this.

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information