****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread**** - Page 42
Like Tree838Likes

Thread: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Fair points gents. I have my doubts about both of them as you can see, but I am considering the 14060 for similar reasons. It is perhaps the ultimate all-rounder: sleek, flexible, classic design with a great low profile whereas the Omega is quite vintage. I have experience with raised, domed crystals like the Omega and they reduce wearability. I like to think I can pull off the Omega all the time, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Fair points gents. I have my doubts about both of them as you can see, but I am considering the 14060 for similar reasons. It is perhaps the ultimate all-rounder: sleek, flexible, classic design with a great low profile whereas the Omega is quite vintage. I have experience with raised, domed crystals like the Omega and they reduce wearability. I like to think I can pull off the Omega all the time, but I'm not sure.
    I agree the 14060 is a perfect “one watch” I was all for 6 digit reference modern Sub’s, but after trying on a 5 digit I’m a convert. Aside from the cost which appears to be an issue, it would probably be a perfect watch for you. Sub prices are only going up so if you ever need to sell you should fair ok with that.

Why do you feel a domed crystal reduces wearability? The 300 wears very well indeed. Fits under cuffs well enough. It is a bit thicker than the Sub though. As John said, head to a boutique as these watches are still available to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    It's not about uniquness for me. It's more a case of the 300 being too vintage looking and not suiting my lifestyle. The 14060m is a classic looking Sub. What price it is worth is a personal thing. The 300 is a superb watch with a very good movement. If you like the look of 300, then you can't go wrong.
    Good you mentioned the vintage look of the 300. Two people have asked me when I show them my 300, if it is a new watch. They really liked the watch, but actually wondered if it is vintage. And I actually got one person ask me the same about my Railmaster. These are not people who know a lot about watches. Likely a good commendation to Omega.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I agree the 14060 is a perfect “one watch” ... Why do you feel a domed crystal reduces wearability? The 300 wears very well indeed. Fits under cuffs well enough. It is a bit thicker than the Sub though. As John said, head to a boutique as these watches are still available to buy.
    The wearability concern is with the crystal getting banged when wearing short sleeve shirts due to its height. This is subjective too, of course, based on how you wear things and I hope I'm wrong here but I have experienced this with my Rado Captain Cook MkII. Admittedly the Rado is much higher than the Omega and a bit outrageous (it's a dome on top of a box).

I wish these were still available in Australia but our network of OBs and ADs are notoriously bad. Just plain bad. They claim to have sold out of them nearly a year ago (still the odd Railmaster LE floating around apparently) and not to be able to order more. In this case they could be telling the truth but you'll never know.

That‘s too bad with the lack of availability in Oz. Regarding the wearability: the LE is my only watch and has been on my wrist for 15 months now. Of course it gets the odd knock but I have never had a problem with the domed crystal. It shouldn’t really be a concern for you.
    Last edited by Sloopjohnb; December 19th, 2018 at 15:29.
    solesman and carlhaluss like this.

Would happy to trade my SM300 for your RM, interested? based in brighton

Best watch, but I want a bigger one!
    GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

Elaborate please?

Quote Originally Posted by Contaygious View Post
    Best watch, but I want a bigger one!
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Bigger diameter. My wrists are big so 39 is too small. I want to see a huge dial like racing sized 44!!!!!
    GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

I am quite excited about this: I sold my FOIS Sedna Gold a couple of days ago, at least have a buyer and just awaiting funds. It really was not getting any wrist time. My bad for buying it just because it is a beautiful watch, but kind of missing the point that it would not get much wear. Even though I tried wearing it a few times with my usual casual clothing, it was just not working for me. As with gold watches - and especially this one - I took quite a hit when I sold it. But I didn't dwell on it, and just thought it's time to move on. I am actually trying to trim down my collection anyway, but still felt I wanted a Speedy. Yesterday, I recalled seeing a 60th Anniversary 1957 Trilogy at the local Boutique. I have no idea where it came from, I thought they sold out long ago. Anyway, I went in to take a close look at it today. I had previously only seen it on another guy's wrist at an Omega event, and didn't pay much attention, as I have my lovely Railmaster and also the Seamaster 300. So, I think I will go in tomorrow and put down a deposit. Here are a few pics I took today:

Like I said, I had previously never really looked closely at one of these, as they were always sold out. So I never realized how beautiful it is. That domed plexiglass really looks the part! I looked at a few other Speedmaster models, but this one really stood out for me. And I didn't realize it has the plexiglass crystal. Anyway, just thought I would share my story with you guys. Funny how it is Basel 2019 and I am excited about a 2017 model!

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information