****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread**** - Page 43
Like Tree838Likes

Thread: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Go for it, Carl, complete your personal trilogy. The Sedna FOIS looks good but the LE is probably a little more special, and better to wear at any occasion...
    carlhaluss likes this.

I second what John said. Sorry about the hit on the FOIS, but soon forgotten when you strap that beauty on your wrist!
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Quote Originally Posted by Sloopjohnb View Post
    Go for it, Carl, complete your personal trilogy. The Sedna FOIS looks good but the LE is probably a little more special, and better to wear at any occasion...
    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    I second what John said. Sorry about the hit on the FOIS, but soon forgotten when you strap that beauty on your wrist!
    Thanks, guys! I really appreciate both of you replying. It means a lot to me, having known you both for some time. Funny, isn't it, that regardless of how many "flips" we do, how passionate we are about our "incomings" etc., you would think the emotional side of all our acquisitions would get old. But it never does. Even if I do my own thing all the time without asking for a lot of opinions - which is how I have done things all my life - words of encouragement and support from guys like you always mean a lot to me. And I never take any of that for granted.

Yes, John, the personal Trilogy! I just never thought it would work out like this. Thinking the Railmaster would be the only one. And when the Trilogy was announced in 2017, it was a really bad time for me, and I never dreamed I would have even one of them! If it wasn't for the FOIS Sedna Gold, and the sale of it, I might never have thought of getting the 60th Anniversary Speedmaster. Somehow, this personal Trilogy means way more to me than if I had been able to get the complete set at the beginning. And I wouldn't want the set anyway, with the number printed on the dial.

Anyway, Dan, that's just how this hobby works, isn't it? We just get hit, then get right back up and keep going. Soon as I had that Speedy on my wrist this afternoon, I just began to look at all of this as an even trade!

Well, I am very fortunate. The dilemma of what to do with my FOIS, and indeed how would I ever sell it with it being such a niche market, turned out actually in my favor! And, long story short, a sale to a friend of my in the very same city! This FOIS in Sedna Gold, as a matter of fact, is a very difficult model to sell. I had even contacted a dealer in Montreal and two in the U.S., and none of them would take the watch at basically any price.

So, in more ways than one, this Speedmaster will be a very special watch indeed!

Cheers,
    Carl
    solesman, traf and Sloopjohnb like this.
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    Thanks, guys! I really appreciate both of you replying. It means a lot to me, having known you both for some time. Funny, isn't it, that regardless of how many "flips" we do, how passionate we are about our "incomings" etc., you would think the emotional side of all our acquisitions would get old. But it never does. Even if I do my own thing all the time without asking for a lot of opinions - which is how I have done things all my life - words of encouragement and support from guys like you always mean a lot to me. And I never take any of that for granted.

Yes, John, the personal Trilogy! I just never thought it would work out like this. Thinking the Railmaster would be the only one. And when the Trilogy was announced in 2017, it was a really bad time for me, and I never dreamed I would have even one of them! If it wasn't for the FOIS Sedna Gold, and the sale of it, I might never have thought of getting the 60th Anniversary Speedmaster. Somehow, this personal Trilogy means way more to me than if I had been able to get the complete set at the beginning. And I wouldn't want the set anyway, with the number printed on the dial.

Anyway, Dan, that's just how this hobby works, isn't it? We just get hit, then get right back up and keep going. Soon as I had that Speedy on my wrist this afternoon, I just began to look at all of this as an even trade!

Well, I am very fortunate. The dilemma of what to do with my FOIS, and indeed how would I ever sell it with it being such a niche market, turned out actually in my favor! And, long story short, a sale to a friend of my in the very same city! This FOIS in Sedna Gold, as a matter of fact, is a very difficult model to sell. I had even contacted a dealer in Montreal and two in the U.S., and none of them would take the watch at basically any price.

So, in more ways than one, this Speedmaster will be a very special watch indeed!

Cheers,
    Carl
    The people really make F20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Carl - Of course we expect beautiful pics of your trifecta once in hand! Start snappin'

yes, and don‘t forget the leather jacket, Carl!!!
    solesman, Horoticus and carlhaluss like this.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
    I am quite excited about this: I sold my FOIS Sedna Gold a couple of days ago, at least have a buyer and just awaiting funds. It really was not getting any wrist time. My bad for buying it just because it is a beautiful watch, but kind of missing the point that it would not get much wear. Even though I tried wearing it a few times with my usual casual clothing, it was just not working for me. As with gold watches - and especially this one - I took quite a hit when I sold it. But I didn't dwell on it, and just thought it's time to move on. I am actually trying to trim down my collection anyway, but still felt I wanted a Speedy. Yesterday, I recalled seeing a 60th Anniversary 1957 Trilogy at the local Boutique. I have no idea where it came from, I thought they sold out long ago. Anyway, I went in to take a close look at it today. I had previously only seen it on another guy's wrist at an Omega event, and didn't pay much attention, as I have my lovely Railmaster and also the Seamaster 300. So, I think I will go in tomorrow and put down a deposit. Here are a few pics I took today:

Like I said, I had previously never really looked closely at one of these, as they were always sold out. So I never realized how beautiful it is. That domed plexiglass really looks the part! I looked at a few other Speedmaster models, but this one really stood out for me. And I didn't realize it has the plexiglass crystal. Anyway, just thought I would share my story with you guys. Funny how it is Basel 2019 and I am excited about a 2017 model!

Cheers,
    Carl
    WOW!! How exciting, Carl!! I say GO FOR IT!!

When the three Anniversary Editions were first announced I had designs on selling my Speedy Pro and SM300MC and assembling my own Trilogy.

Because I'm the kind of person who likes to buy new, I knew my goal was a little far fetched. I couldn't afford to buy all three watches at the same time, which meant that they would be sold out long before I could raise the funds to buy each one separately. I, also, wasn't interested in buying the set for the same reason you stated. As a result, I resigned myself to the fact that my dream was just that...a dream.

You were a big inspiration for me when I first discovered WUS. And you were instrumental in me acquiring my two OMEGAs. I remember reading your story about visiting the Vancouver Boutuque and having a great experience picking up your Speedy Pro.

I contacted you and you were very helpful in answering questions and offering guidance. That was much appreciated.

When you got your SM300MC, again I followed in your footsteps. I couldn't be happier with my choices. To this day I still find myself just staring at them on my wrist...in awe, and disbelief. Thank you!!

I'm really happy that you were able to source a new 60th Anniversary Speedy to complete your Trilogy. That's a collection that's going to be very difficult to break up.

And yes, lots of pictures once you get the Speedy...and groups shots as well.

Congrats, Carl!!

René
    Last edited by Titan II; March 23rd, 2019 at 06:47.
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial) (GONE--gifted to my boss)
    OMEGA 1957 Trilogy Railmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer (ref 220.10.38.20.01.002), Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Thanks Carl, and well said Rene and Dan: that‘s the beauty of f20 and why I am still here although I have no urge whatsoever to buy another watch.
    solesman, Horoticus and carlhaluss like this.

Thanks Carl, and well said Rene and Dan: that‘s the beauty of f20 and why I am still here although I have no urge whatsoever to buy another watch.
    That’s really something John. Glad I helped make your mind up with that comparison shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carlhaluss likes this.
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Horoticus View Post
    Carl - Of course we expect beautiful pics of your trifecta once in hand! Start snappin'
    Just picked it up this afternoon, and already got a few shots. That is really a big part of the fun! Will post some soon.

yes, and don‘t forget the leather jacket, Carl!!!
    Getting a bit warm here for the old bomber jacket, but eventually there will be a pic with it, of course. I had that jacket longer than any of my watches!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan II View Post
    WOW!! How exciting, Carl!! I say GO FOR IT!!

When the three Anniversary Editions were first announced I had designs on selling my Speedy Pro and SM300MC and assembling my own Trilogy.

Because I'm the kind of person who likes to buy new, I knew my goal was a little far fetched. I couldn't afford to buy all three watches at the same time, which meant that they would be sold out long before I could raise the funds to buy each one separately. I, also, wasn't interested in buying the set for the same reason you stated. As a result, I resigned myself to the fact that my dream was just that...a dream.

You were a big inspiration for me when I first discovered WUS. And you were instrumental in me acquiring my two OMEGAs. I remember reading your story about visiting the Vancouver Boutuque and having a great experience picking up your Speedy Pro.

I contacted you and you were very helpful in answering questions and offering guidance. That was much appreciated.

When you got your SM300MC, again I followed in your footsteps. I couldn't be happier with my choices. To this day I still find myself just staring at them on my wrist...in awe, and disbelief. Thank you!!

I'm really happy that you were able to source a new 50th Speedy to complete your Trilogy. That's a collection that's going to be very difficult to break up.

And yes, lots of pictures once you get the Speedy...and groups shots as well.

Congrats, Carl!!

René
    Thanks very much, René. I sincerely appreciate all your comments and congratulations! Funny thing is, times were a bit tough for me right when the Trilogy was announced in 2017. My heart sank, especially when I saw the Railmaster. But, I told myself, not the end of the world, and I like the new Railmaster as well, so when the time comes to afford it, that is the one I will get.

By the time a year went by, things had changed for me, and the 60th Anniversary Railmaster was still available, they had one at the Boutique! So, I got that one and was really happy. A few months later, a 60th Anniversary Seamaster 300 was in the display at an AD. I thought I had better grab it. I had my FOIS Sedna Gold, so I figure it would make a kind of Trilogy. As beautiful as the FOIS in Sedna Gold is, somehow it just didn't work with me. By a stroke of luck, a friend contacted me and said he was looking for one, and I sold it to him. Immediately, I thought of the 60th Anniversary Speedy I saw at the Boutique a couple of weeks ago. It was still available, and I had the bucks, so I decided to go for it! Amazing to think that two years ago I didn't think I would even get the Railmaster, now I have the complete set. Sorry to ramble on.

I keep forgetting you are just across the water in North Van. I will send you a PM, and it would be great to get together and swap our stories and experiences. Glad to hear you are still so happy with your SM300MC!

Cheers,
    Carl

I am still stunned at how this all worked out! Feeling that I am one very lucky guy. This Speedy is so perfect for me. Now, I am really done buying watches for a long time. I still have to sell some in my collection, not to fund another, but just to enjoy what I have. These are my 3 Omega watches. Even if they were the only watches I own, I think they would cover every occasion for me.

Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information