****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****
Like Tree838Likes

Thread: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

So it seems I'm the first owner of a 1957 trilogy watch so I've started this thread to share photos, thoughts and insight into these time pieces.

A few photos to kick start it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Re: ****Official 1957 Trilogy Owners Thread****

This watch looks great! I know I'm in the minority, but I like the faux patina. It's not because of the age, but because I like the cream color of them. It's something different. How's the whole setup in person? Does it live up to the hype?
    run23 and Miguel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by owlan View Post
    This watch looks great! I know I'm in the minority, but I like the faux patina. It's not because of the age, but because I like the cream color of them. It's something different. How's the whole setup in person? Does it live up to the hype?
    Thanks mate! I too was sceptical of the lume when I saw the official photos but it really works in person (to me anyway)

The box is huge and really nicely finished with the corduroy. The watch roll really is nicely done and it'll be so useful in the future. the bracelet is very nicely finished but I prefer my watch on a strap or NATO. Talking of which the strap does NOTHING for me. The NATO is just perfect. Im hoping I can pick up the grey NATO that ships with the Speedy in future and I've put my details to the boutique who will contact me when they become available.

The watch really delivers on all counts for me. The CK2913-1 always sang to me but with the prices increasing and having a watch that may or may not be mechanically or waterproof sound not to mention the bezel being notoriously brittle and almost impossible to source, the trilogy re edition was a no brainer. The modern master co axial edition is a beauty but at 41mm makes it a no no despite the aesthetics singing to me.

Originally I was really tempted with the Railmaster but in person the simplicity of it didn't sing to me much like the Speedy. I've always been a dive watch fan and this one really ticks the boxes for me. If I was to mention a negative it would be that it didn't ship with a lollipop seconds hand. It's historically correct as the lollipop hand came with the CK2913-7 issue. If it was possible to add the lollipop hand then I would jump at it!

So in conclusion, if you've always hampered to own the vintage version of these watches then I think you should get your name down. They are still available despite internet banter saying otherwise. In the U.K there's no deposit necessary and as long as you can either check it out in person and pay in 24 hours it'll be yours.

I'll be sure to post more photos as and when

Last edited by solesman; August 21st, 2017 at 00:16.
    Dan
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................

Current

Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall": Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition: Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TSC

Congrats Danno, I know you've never been a NATO/Zulu fan, what did it come with?

Rail gone?

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    Thanks mate! I too was sceptical of the lume when I saw the official photos but it really works in person (to me anyway)

The box is huge and really nicely finished with the corduroy. The watch roll really is nicely done and it'll be so useful in the future. the bracelet is very nicely finished but I prefer my watch on a strap or NATO. Talking of which the strap does NOTHING for me. The NATO is just perfect. Im hoping I can pick up the grey NATO that ships with the Speedy in future and I've put my details to the boutique who will contact me when they become available.

The watch really delivers on all counts for me. The CK2913-1 always sang to me but with the prices increasing and having a watch that may or may not be mechanically or waterproof sound not to mention the bezel being notoriously brittle and almost impossible to source, the trilogy re edition was a no brainer. The modern master co axial edition is a beauty but at 41mm makes it a no no despite the aesthetics singing to me.

Originally I was really tempted with the Railmaster but in person the simplicity of it didn't sing to me much like the Speedy. I've always been a dive watch fan and this one really ticks the boxes for me. If I was to mention a negative it would be that it didn't ship with a lollipop seconds hand. It's historically correct as the lollipop hand came with the CK2923-7 issue. If it was possible to add the lollipop hand then I would jump at it!

So in conclusion, if you've always hampered to own the vintage version of these watches then I think you should get your name down. They are still available despite internet banter saying otherwise. In the U.K there's no deposit necessary and as long as you can either check it out in person and pay in 24 hours it'll be yours.

I'll be sure to post more photos as and when

Thanks for the details. That all makes sense about the CK2913-1. I've never craved the CK2915 before but I really like the size, steel bezel, and colors of the dial and hands.

I think I made the decision on the Speedmaster for me. What color strap and NATO came with yours? I think if I end up getting the Speedy then I'd switch it to the strap right away.

Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Congrats Danno, I know you've never been a NATO/Zulu fan, what did it come with?

Rail gone?
    Thanks mate! It comes with a light brown leather strap and a chocolate brown NATO which I have it on now. It's really comfy and very vintage looking

Last edited by solesman; August 21st, 2017 at 00:17.
    TSC and munichblue like this.
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Quote Originally Posted by owlan View Post
    Thanks for the details. That all makes sense about the CK2913-1. I've never craved the CK2915 before but I really like the size, steel bezel, and colors of the dial and hands.

I think I made the decision on the Speedmaster for me. What color strap and NATO came with yours? I think if I end up getting the Speedy then I'd switch it to the strap right away.

The Speedy is beautiful if your a chrono fan. It wears nicely and the details are spot on.

As previously stated, my 300 came with a light brown leather strap and chocolate brown NATO strap.

The grey NATO that the Speedy comes with is gorgeous!

A photo I took of the Speedy on my 6.25 inch wrist.

Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post

Rail gone?
    I still have the RM but it's days are numbered.

TSC likes this.
    Dan

Current

Gone

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

.......So you have the limited edition, but not the Trilogy version.

Those come in a the 3 pack box and have Trilogy printed on the dial with limited edition number.

Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    The Speedy is beautiful if your a chrono fan. It wears nicely and the details are spot on.

As previously stated, my 300 came with a light brown leather strap and chocolate brown NATO strap.

The grey NATO that the Speedy comes with is gorgeous!

A photo I took of the Speedy on my 6.25 inch wrist.

The Speedy's size looks great. I may be interested in that leather strap if I do get the Speedy.

Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information