***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?*** - Page 3
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: ***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?***

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: ***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?***

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Many thanks my friend. This one has become my favorite watch. I love the depth in the dial, and I'm enjoying it much more than I ever expected to when I picked it up on a whim. I just got the mesh from the Omega Boutique over this summer, after trying it on a cheap mesh and knowing I liked the look/feel. I have more in the bracelet than I paid for the watch, but it was well worth it to me.
    I can totally understand - read on

Quote Originally Posted by srs1286 View Post
    That omega does look fantastic. Not seen that version before.
    You've been sleeping in class, young Grasshopper?

I liked this model from the first time KenG showed it (where is he - apparently he has been spotted on Instagram, but not here) and fell in love when KenG showed it (repeatedly) after a full restoration:

Name:  Omega_Seamaster_Cosmic_2000_166.0130_8.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  146.7 KB
    Watch and photo: KenG

The hunt was on; took me a while, but finally found a good specimen at a very reasonable price. My plan was to also have it fully restored, but when I received the watch, it was nicer than it showed in the photos. So I will wait till it's due for a full service (which may be a while, time keeping is extremely good and the watch had been serviced right before my purchase). I'm wearing the Cosmic 2000 on its original bracelet:

Name:  161221_Seamaster_Cosmic_2000_4.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  211.4 KB

Re: ***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?***

^^^ thanks for all of the info! Vintage is a whole different ball game for me as to which I am clueless about. I do know those photos of it on shark mesh are really swaying me but no idea where to begin or what to look for / shy away from. Just a quick search shows a lot of refinished dials and cases which I assume kills its value.
    MHe225 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information