***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?***
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: ***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?***

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Years ago, when I first joined WUS, these Friday WRUW threads were posted by a fellow named John Wilson, a bus driver from Cleveland who took some fantastic photos of his Omega watches. He hasn't shown up here for some time, but he does pop in from time to time. I hope you're well, John. Come on back.

Okay, so I spent the earlier part of the week wearing the 1957 Rado Golden Horse;

Name:  3.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  1.98 MB

I'm really liking this watch. If you give it a flick of the wrist, you can hear the rotor spin like a fishing line being cast. Reminds me of the Jaeger-Le Coultre Master Control, from back in my watch selling days (2001-2012). Having this watch means that I can clear out some of my more obscure brands, such as Camy, Lanco and maybe the Enicar that I have. Not sure about that one. I just may keep it a little longer.

I switched over to the Speedy Pro yesterday;

Name:  SPeedy.png
Views: 68
Size:  1.19 MB

I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop Elements. I was getting sick of the glitches that kept occurring with the Windows 10 Photo editing app on my computer. I don't shoot photos in RAW and, quite frankly, I don't want to spend too long editing photos, so Elements seems to be a nice compromise.

And today, I wore a watch that just arrived earlier this week. These have been recently discontinued and I've watched the pricing creep up over the past few months on eBay. I figured I'd better snap one up before they A) become harder to find, and/or B) get too pricey.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the Seiko SARB003;

Name:  4.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  2.75 MB

I have a glossy black-dialed 1st Gen Omega Aqua Terra in 36mm. As much as I love that watch, the very thin strip of lume on the hands, coupled with the shiny dial, have made the watch harder to read in certain light as I've gotten older. I noticed this one afternoon when I was driving home and, glancing at the watch while my hands were on the steering wheel, they seemed to disappear against the dial.
    This, thrill-seekers, goes against my one main Cardinal Rule when it comes to watches; they must tell the time clearly before all else.
    So, I decided that I'd move it along at some point soon.
    However, I DO like the idea of a modern dress watch with a black dial, as a counterpoint to my lighter dialed vintage watches.

While re-watching Atomic Blonde (Dir: David Leitch, 2017) one evening, I noticed that MI6 operative Lorraine Broughton (the fantastic Charlize Theron) wore a black-dialed watch on a leather strap in the film. A quick search revealed that it was a Carl F. Bucherer, a brand that's beginning to give Hamilton a run for its money as far as wristwatch product placement in movies goes. Keanu Reeves has sported a Carl F. in all three John Wick movies to date.

Anyway, I decided to keep a soft eye out for a dress watch with black dial. I'd seen these Seiko models on Instagram from time to time and decided to look into them a little closer. Automatic Seiko Calibre 6R15 (I had a 1st Generation Seiko Prospex 'Samurai' a few years ago with this movement in it. Should'a kept that watch), 100m water-resistance, 50 hour power reserve. Sure, these lesser-priced Seikos can have 'leisurely' timekeeping, but if worn as part of a collection, this would not, in my humble op, be an issue.
    So, I bought one. I got it on the bracelet and I'll leave it that way for now, but I think it might look quite sharp on a decent black leather strap. We'll see. This watch collecting hobby barely makes any sense to me at the best of times.
    This watch has a fairly glossy black dial too, but the hands have a little more lume on them. Makes a difference.

Anyways, I'm liking this watch. I have my name down for a Tudor Black Bay 58, but I think I got a little impatient (damn waiting lists!) and went on a mini spree over the past month, having snapped up this Seiko, the above-mentioned Rado, and a late Sixties Seiko Skyliner, which I've shown in the last couple of Friday threads.

Bit of luck, these should keep me quiet till the Black Bay becomes a reality. I've yet to actually see one of them in person. I'm beginning to think that they don't exist, or maybe you can only get them in The Matrix, Neo.
    The store where I've put my name down for it has told me that when the next one comes in, I'm welcome to go in and try it on, to see how it looks in real life and how it fits.
    Who knows? I may just hate it.
    In the meantime, I'll just keep squirreling away my bucks.

Okay, that's all from me.

Thanks for reading, have a good weekend, and what watch you wearing?
    Last edited by teeritz; 2 Weeks Ago at 13:33. Reason: Spelling. 'Cos it bugs me when I get it wrong.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

Re: ***Friday Oct 4th, 2019 - WRUW?***

Great pics & prose, as always, Tino!

V. short post from me this week. Mostly worn the 39mm 2503.52 Railmaster on my 7.5" wrist this week.
    ... apologies for not cleaning all the the grease & dust etc off the bezel & crystal before I snapped it! ' '

Name:  DSC01049_AC.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  3.28 MB

Enjoy your weekend!
    '

Cybercat, no apology necessary for dust and fingerprints on a watch. They ARE meant to be worn, after all.

And I'm liking the pics that you've taken in recent weeks with a digital camera. Not that your photos before that were bad, but a camera allows you to give a picture more thought.
    Or maybe that's just me?
    fskywalker, solesman and cybercat like this.
    -teeritz-

Sent from the typing pool of the Double-O Section.

My other distractions---> https://teeritz.blogspot.com.au/

tinzer0 on Instagram

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice new pieces Tino!
    Have not been able to see the BB58 in person neither, does look very attractive on pictures. Love the size and thickness so it is in my radar as a potential future watch.

In my case it was the titanium SMP and the Railmaster all week:

Happy weekend everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by fskywalker; 2 Weeks Ago at 14:47.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80 / 3592.50 / 2232.30 / 2504.52 / 168.022
    ♛ 16610 / 18239

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Cheers Tino, and hello John if you're reading!

A crown for my Friday...

DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

Quote Originally Posted by teeritz View Post
    Cybercat, no apology necessary for dust and fingerprints on a watch. They ARE meant to be worn, after all.

And I'm liking the pics that you've taken in recent weeks with a digital camera. Not that your photos before that were bad, but a camera allows you to give a picture more thought.
    Or maybe that's just me?
    Hi Tino!
    Very nice of you to say so! Not sure it’s properly deserved, still working on it!

As for more thought - yes! Not just the composition but also about the camera itself though, I'm still in an early learning phase.

Although it's digital (my first & only non-film camera, not counting phones), it's a few years old with no touchscreen, Wi-Fi or more recent/modern accoutrements, so rather more manual than the phones I’ve used.

Noticed it mentioned a while back by a couple of different forum members (who post stunning pictures) & found one used on the ‘bay 2 years ago - for a 1/4 of what they are new.
    Tried it a bit then, but only on ‘programme’ & tended to use the phone instead as it was always with me.

Now pushing myself to understand more, use manual & other settings. When I do get a good shot, it feels more rewarding. Trying to keep it with me more now. It’s thicker, but not larger than the phone anyway - at a pinch I can shove it in my jeans pocket.

Oops, rambled on far too much.

Cheers, William.

In background of phone snap :

Name:  IMG_1657L.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  314.1 KB
    '
    fskywalker, NMGE17, calv1n and 6 others like this.

Been wearing the T-Graph for 3 weeks; I could have kept going but hey, with multiple watches in the collection. The next one needed to offer the largest contrast possible: non-chrono, non-diver, small(ish), dark dial, no-date, leather strap, light. I could have added one more criterion, manual wind, but especially during the work-week, I prefer the convenience of an automatic. The one that checked all these boxes is ....

Name:  fullsizeoutput_e9e.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  919.8 KB

I was amazed how light the Railmaster felt after wearing the T-Graph for an extended period - almost as if I wasn't't wearing a watch at all. Brought out the scale: Railmaster (39 mm) weighs in at 63 grams and the Doxa at a whopping 205 grams (will be more for some as I have taken out a few links from the bracelet.

Name:  IMG_3355.JPG
Size:  1.81 MB

Lot of Railmasters today

Happy Friday all
    Last edited by calv1n; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:39.
    [IMG]pic.jpg[/IMG]
    TAG Aquaracer WAB2010
    Ω Planet Ocean 8500 42mm
    Ω Speedmaster Pro 3572.50
    Ω Chronostop 145.008
    Ω SM300
    Ω Aqua terra 8500 Opaline 41.5mm
    LONGINES Oposition L3.617.4

I started the week with my Bond GMT, wore my Master Calendar over the hump and finishing the week with my PO

Name:  B6624210-2DA5-4B16-874B-15251D150546.jpeg
Size:  1.16 MB

Hi to all including JW if you are lurking - trust all ok.

HAGWE

Nigel

Don’t know why the image is showing sideways, but it’s a good idea - I will go and get horizontal

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Happy Friday, everyone!!

Tino, glad to see you've got over the CBBs (can't be bothered), and you're back to you're old (usual) self. That RADO is gorgeous! I'm contemplating picking up a vintage piece to add to my humble collection. I haven't got anything narrowed down quite yet; I'm still doing research. I'd love to get my hands on one of those. Are they readily available in decent shape?

It was the usual suspects for me this week.

Monday and Wednesday belonged to the Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial;

Name:  20190930_080416_1570210329631.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  1.04 MB

Name:  20191002_113224_1570210685091.jpg
Size:  2.34 MB

On Speedy Tuesday and Thursday the duties fell to my Speedmaster Professional;

Name:  20191001_081939_1570210894367.jpg
Size:  969.9 KB

Name:  20191001_094042_1570210931369.jpg
Size:  3.12 MB

To make way for future incoming pieces, and to free up some funds, I said goodbye to my Stainhart Nav B-Uhr Black DLC Chrono this week. I'm sad to see it go, but it just wasn't getting the wrist time, so I decided to move it along. I'm confident however, that it's on it's way to a good home.

Name:  20190506_100121_1570212837944.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  2.15 MB

Today I'm back to the SM300MC;

Name:  20191004_093929_1570212955209.jpg
Size:  1.09 MB

I hope that all of you that were ailing last week are back in good health.

Have a great weekend, all!!

René
    TSC, OMEGAFORCE, MHe225 and 10 others like this.
    Citizen Navihawk
    Momentum Supernova, Titan II (GONE--gifted to a friend's son), Aquamatic II (Blue Dial)
    OMEGA Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch (ref 310.30.42.30.01.005), Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial Chronometer (ref 233.30.41.21.01.001)
    Seiko SKX007 (GONE--gifted to my uncle)
    Steinhart Marine Chronometer II Roman (Unitas 6498), Nav. B-Chrono II DLC (ETA Valjoux 7750)(SOLD), Nav. B-Uhr II (Unitas 6497)(SOLD), Ocean One Vintage (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD), Ocean One Vintage Red (ETA 2824-2) (SOLD)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information