* Official Liquid Metal Thread * - Page 27
Like Tree1018Likes

Thread: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 979
  1. #261
    Member solesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,424

    * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    The PO LM has the 2500C movement. I'm not aware of anyone owning one that has the 2500D variant but if anyone does please pipe up.
    Dan

    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/


    Current


    Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

    Gone

    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50



  2. #262
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    73

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Watchfinder (uk sales shop/website) have a LE LM in their Christmas sale. 2 years old, was £3900 when I asked about it, currently £3500. Still not low enough to tempt me to buy a two year old watch from a non omega dealer.

    They have also been running a "Make an offer" promotion. I was tempted to offer £3k but I figured that would just result in haggling sales calls. It took me long enough to get them to stop the last time I asked about it!

  3. #263
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Member TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Quote Originally Posted by solesman View Post
    The PO LM has the 2500C movement. I'm not aware of anyone owning one that has the 2500D variant but if anyone does please pipe up.
    I should know but never really cared, as long as it worked, but am guessing that's possibly the same one that's in my old 2008 PO?


    Quote Originally Posted by Zerouali View Post
    Watchfinder (uk sales shop/website) have a LE LM in their Christmas sale. 2 years old, was £3900 when I asked about it, currently £3500. Still not low enough to tempt me to buy a two year old watch from a non omega dealer.

    They have also been running a "Make an offer" promotion. I was tempted to offer £3k but I figured that would just result in haggling sales calls. It took me long enough to get them to stop the last time I asked about it!
    They obviously know they're £3900 new at the moment?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #264
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    73

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    I seen the LE LM on watch finder but like you I feel £3500 is too high, I had the chance to buy number 175 in mint condition for £3000 and i let it slip buy, wish I didnt now but i'm not willing to pay big money for one when I can get the 8500 BNIB for £2800

  6. #265
    Member GaryF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    It will be the same 2500C. The 2500D came in much later and the B and C were already gone when the PO started rolling out.

  7. #266
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Member TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Quote Originally Posted by UlsterRugby View Post
    I seen the LE LM on watch finder but like you I feel £3500 is too high, I had the chance to buy number 175 in mint condition for £3000 and i let it slip buy, wish I didnt now but i'm not willing to pay big money for one when I can get the 8500 BNIB for £2800
    It's an awful picture of it on there for 'THIS IS AN IMAGE OF THE ACTUAL WATCH',
    £2800 is a bloody good price for the 8500 though.... Are you not tempted?

    It's interesting that they've reduced their RRP on the LM, but the Quantum, they're pricing £700 over their RRP?
    I thought the LM was more limited than the QoS one?
    Last edited by TSC; December 18th, 2012 at 20:56.

  8. #267
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Member TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    It will be the same 2500C. The 2500D came in much later and the B and C were already gone when the PO started rolling out.
    Thanks Gary! In 4 years I have never known that! : ) So the two I own have the same insides
    Monique33 likes this.

  9. #268
    Member GaryF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Thanks Gary! In 4 years I have never known that! : ) So the two I own have the same insides
    Well, Omega didn't announce when they made the switch but people started noticing the 2500D about a year or so ago, I'd guess.
    The LMs were released in 2010 (possibly 2009?) and I'd be very surprised if they staggered the manufacturing into the 2500D era.
    Last edited by GaryF; December 18th, 2012 at 20:59.

  10. #269
    TSC
    TSC is offline
    Member TSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Yeh, so would I. They were late 2009, which is why I'm finding it odd that they kept these new ones back that are floating around now, Mine isn't even end of the 1948 produced, it's in the 500s, and came from Switzerland so they either started making a few more randoms, (highly unlikely) or they kept a large handful back for 3 years, which is what it would appear to be

  11. #270
    Member GaryF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Yeh, so would I. They were late 2009, which is why I'm finding it odd that they kept these new ones back that are floating around now, Mine isn't even end of the 1948 produced, it's in the 500s, and came from Switzerland so they either started making a few more randoms, (highly unlikely) or they kept a large handful back for 3 years, which is what it would appear to be
    I guess they weren't shipped out in order of LE number but it seems likely that they were produced in one go, in order, and then only shipped out as required. They were initially only available to boutiques (and some privileged ADs) so maybe that created an artificial bottleneck between Omega and its market. Then, when there were new LE models (and LM POs!) to push, they let the rest go to the regular network.

    It's speculation, of course, but it seems logical.

Page 27 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •