* Official Liquid Metal Thread * - Page 28
Like Tree1018Likes

Thread: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 78 ... LastLast

Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    . They were initially only available to boutiques (and some privileged ADs) so maybe that created an artificial bottleneck between Omega and its market. Then, when there were new LE models (and LM POs!) to push, they let the rest go to the regular network.

It's speculation, of course, but it seems logical.
    Unfortunately still only available to boutiques at the moment.(in the uk anyway). Pity, because that means full retail is the only option, which funnily enough keeps going up.

Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    It's an awful picture of it on there for 'THIS IS AN IMAGE OF THE ACTUAL WATCH',
    £2800 is a bloody good price for the 8500 though.... Are you not tempted?

It's interesting that they've reduced their RRP on the LM, but the Quantum, they're pricing £700 over their RRP?
    I thought the LM was more limited than the QoS one?

Im out of the UK so can get the 8500 at 20% off but I would rather have the LM if I can get a good deal on one.

I have spoke with someone at watch finder and they have offered me a part exchange of my orange bezel 42mm PO plus £2000 for the Liquid Metal, I have responded requesting a few pictures emailed to me and if its around £1750 cash and my watch they will have a deal

So sam at watchfinder has replied saying they will accept £1800 plus my 2007 42mm Planetocean for the LE LM. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Im very tempted as I have fallen out of love with the orange bezel lately and had considered changing the bezel and keeping it or buying a 8500 at £2800 BNIB or even waiting to see if I could get a deal on a LM which I mite just have done, just need to decided to pull the trigger or not ...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I guess it depends how much you think you could sell your watch for. Watchfinder have an 09 PO for £2150 and a 45.5mm 2008 PO for the same money.
    If you reduce that by a few hundred pounds for a private sale you're in the ball-park. They're essentially offering you £1700 for your watch based on their asking price for the LM LE. If you're happy paying £3.5k for the LM LE then it sounds like a fair deal.
    Last edited by Zerouali; December 19th, 2012 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerouali View Post
    I guess it depends how much you think you could sell your watch for. Watchfinder have an 09 PO for £2150 and a 45.5mm 2008 PO for the same money.
    If you reduce that by a few hundred pounds for a private sale you're in the ball-park. They're essentially offering you £1700 for your watch based on their asking price for the LM LE. If you're happy paying £3.5k for the LM LE then it sounds like a fair deal.

Well £1700 is more than I paid for my planetocean so thats a bonus. Plus if I was to sell private I think I would only get around £1500 and have to go through the hassle of selling it or paying ebay fee's which I can't be bothered with nor have the time with work. I just wish I had the chance to see one in the flesh before sending away my planetocean and paying online for the LM LE to be sent to me .... decisions

I also had an orange bezel PO which I fell out of love with very quickly. An orange PO from 2007 consistently sell for the £1600 park so I think it's a good offer. As has been said many times, you can get the 8500 PO anytime and yes it's a good price but it doesn't have the mystique of the PO LM. Of course there is money to consider but you cant compare a regular edition watch with an LE of the LM's caliber. I say go for it and get that beauty on your wrist. Oh and post pics as soon as you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by UlsterRugby View Post
    I just wish I had the chance to see one in the flesh before sending away my planetocean and paying online for the LM LE to be sent to me .... decisions
    They advertise a 7 day returns policy.
    Get it in writing that they'll reverse your deal if you're not happy, then get it bought! ;0)
    solesman likes this.

* Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Well £1700 is more than I paid for my planetocean so thats a bonus. Plus if I was to sell private I think I would only get around £1500 and have to go through the hassle of selling it or paying ebay fee's which I can't be bothered with nor have the time with work. I just wish I had the chance to see one in the flesh before sending away my planetocean and paying online for the LM LE to be sent to me .... decisions
    Yep a 7 day return although I doubt you will want to return it I can tell you. Here's another few shots to tempt you with.

gippo and jokr82 like this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

TSC

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    I guess they weren't shipped out in order of LE number but it seems likely that they were produced in one go, in order, and then only shipped out as required. They were initially only available to boutiques (and some privileged ADs) so maybe that created an artificial bottleneck between Omega and its market. Then, when there were new LE models (and LM POs!) to push, they let the rest go to the regular network.

It's speculation, of course, but it seems logical.
    Speculation yes, but I'd guess you were spot on with that.

Im out of the UK so can get the 8500 at 20% off but I would rather have the LM if I can get a good deal on one.

I have spoke with someone at watch finder and they have offered me a part exchange of my orange bezel 42mm PO plus £2000 for the Liquid Metal, I have responded requesting a few pictures emailed to me and if its around £1750 cash and my watch they will have a deal

Retail of the 8500 here now is £3950.00 and so £2800.00 is a hell of a lot more than just 20% off, so I think that's a corker of a deal, However... if you are set on the LM it's irrelevant anyway, but that's a great deal

So sam at watchfinder has replied saying they will accept £1800 plus my 2007 42mm Planetocean for the LE LM. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Im very tempted as I have fallen out of love with the orange bezel lately and had considered changing the bezel and keeping it or buying a 8500 at £2800 BNIB or even waiting to see if I could get a deal on a LM which I mite just have done, just need to decided to pull the trigger or not ...
    I'm no expert, but if that's a genuine £1800 against your old one, sight unseen, that's really good, and I dare say more than you paid for it, if you bought it new in 2007?

. . . I just wish I had the chance to see one in the flesh before sending away my planetocean and paying online for the LM LE to be sent to me .... decisions
    I traded for my PO LM LE sight unseen in May of 2010 and never looked back. Best watch decision I ever made.

Go for it!
    solesman and gippo like this.
    73 & GB!

Fr. John†

No man gets to heaven all by himself, alone. Thomas Merton

Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread Information