* Official Liquid Metal Thread * - Page 30
Like Tree1018Likes

Thread: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

My sentiments entirely. Get the LM. If for some reason you don't bond with it then you will be easily able to sell and get the 8500. The 8500 will be around for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Mark View Post
    Destiny my Friend me feels you were ment to own this watch, second bites of cherries don't come along to often

Mark

Another of my favourite shots. Can always help to sway you haha.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333086675.848110.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  118.3 KB
    jokr82 likes this.

Has anyone else noticed that the bottom of the second hand is also coated with superluminova in the same location as it is on top? I was just playing around with mine and was charging up the lume w/a mini-mag light, and as I was doing so I could see that the bottom arrow tip of the hand was reflecting white off the dial, and when I removed the light I could see it glowing, albeit faintly....so I sort of tracked it around the dial with the light, trying to angle it so that it was getting as much reflected light as it could, then went into a dark room, and sure enough, you could see the reflection of the glowing bottom of the arrow tip in the dial, pretty cool!

Actually if you look up to the post just before this one, you can see the lume coating pretty clearly on solesman's macro shot...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am new to the watch world, very new, but I took the plunge after a few moths of study, purchased a new PO 2201.50 last week from an AD in NJ. He had stocked up when the 8500 was introduced, and I got his last one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the Liquid Metal and the new PO 8500?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T View Post
    I am new to the watch world, very new, but I took the plunge after a few moths of study, purchased a new PO 2201.50 last week from an AD in NJ. He had stocked up when the 8500 was introduced, and I got his last one.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the Liquid Metal and the new PO 8500?
    Regarding LM LE:

- limited run of 1948
    - 2500c movement rather than 8500
    - comes in 42mm size only
    - case is slightly thinner
    - uses the older bracelet with pins
    - uses the older clasp
    - bezel is glossy black ceramic rather than matte grey
    - markings on bezel are made of liquidmetal
    - bezel edge notches are finer
    - dial is glossy black ceramic
    - zro2 on the dial
    - 'seamaster' font is red rather than orange
    - end of the second hand is red rather than orange
    - caseback is steel with hippocampus rather than display back
    - 12, 3, 6 and 9 'o'clock lume markers are slightly more elongated
    - 6 and 9 applied number fonts are open
    - lume is all blue - on the 8500 it is mostly blue, with a green minute hand and bezel pip
    - the hands + lume markings are shaped slightly differently - overall they look pointier on the lm le and blockier on the 8500
    - broad arrow part of the minute hand is smaller than the hour hand, with 8500 they are the same size
    - crown and he valves are polished, on the 8500 - brushed finish

See here for a detailed comparison between 2500 and 8500 with photos:
    PO 2500 vs PO 8500 Comparative Review - Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum

Really like the PO LM LE. In my opinion it combines the best elements from both the 2500 and 8500 models in one package!
    gippo, solesman, Robby H and 1 others like this.

So.... Did you make a decision??

Quote Originally Posted by UlsterRugby View Post
    So i requested more pics of the PO LE LM and it turns out the one for sale on watchfinder is the one I had the chance to buy before the summer for 3k its number 175 and in great condition. Its going to cost me my PO 42mm (2007) plus 1800 which works out a few hundred more than what I could have got it for then let it slip past which I have regretted ever since but my mind is telling me to buy a BNIB 8500 for 2800 but my hear is for the LM .... I need to make up my mind tonight, Im going to try a 8500 on tomorrow then make my mind up from there

Thanks, Tomtom

I was aware of some of the differences, but not so many of the more subtle design changes. I went for the 2500 calibre primarily because of it's longstanding service in Omega watches, and the 8500 in the new PO had a higher case profile - a bit much for my cuffs and sleeves. And the bezel change wasn't a big deal for me, either. Afterall, it is my first plunge, and all I wanted really was a high quality watch that is relable, has a substantial 'look", and does not break the bank. So far, less than two weeks, it is the only watch I wear.

if anybody is interested in buying:[Vends] Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal - Rare.
    (no concern of mine)

number 1400
    1 year warranty left.
    Strange, i thought they were at the 800's at the moment.
    so this one was released 2 years ago which seems strange with such a high number.
    if this is true it means that omega indeed released the complete series but the market did somerthing else with it

Mine is in the 1600's with 2 years of warranty left.

Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information