* Official Liquid Metal Thread * - Page 33
Like Tree1020Likes

Thread: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast

Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

In real life there is a big visual difference though not in the actual liquidmetal itself (apart from the fact that the bezel numbers are flush with the surface of the ceramic). If you've seen the new Seamaster Professional in black, you'll have probably noticed that it's a very rich, glossy watch. Think of the LM LE as looking like a Planet Ocean version of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    In real life there is a big visual difference though not in the actual liquidmetal itself (apart from the fact that the bezel numbers are flush with the surface of the ceramic). If you've seen the new Seamaster Professional in black, you'll have probably noticed that it's a very rich, glossy watch. Think of the LM LE as looking like a Planet Ocean version of that.
    With a much shinier dial. :)

with the addition that the numerals of the PO will stick because they are made of liquid metal whereas the numerals on the seamaster professional are painted on and can be rubbed of.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by improviz View Post
    With a much shinier dial. :)
    I'm pretty sure that the dial on the new SMP is the same gloss ceramic as the LM. The same ceramic is used on both bezel and dial of the LM so that they match up in various light conditions (more important on the blue ones, perhaps, which seem to change colour a lot depending on lighting). The LE definitely has a ceramic dial because it's in the lit'.
    I might be wrong but, whatever the SMP dial is made of, it seems every bit as glossy as the LM to me.
    Last edited by GaryF; January 15th, 2013 at 22:48.

I'm pretty sure that the dial on the new SMP is the same gloss ceramic as the LM. The same ceramic is used on both bezel and dial of the LM so that they match up in various light conditions (more important on the blue ones, perhaps, which seem to change colour a lot depending on lighting). The LE definitely has a ceramic dial because it's in the lit'.
    I might be wrong but, whatever the SMP dial is made of, it seems every bit as glossy as the LM to me.
    afaik its dial is lacquered.

edit: it is definitely lacquered, see: http://www.omegawatches.com/news/int...ws-detail/1869

There are four models available, all of them equipped with the new generation of the Co-Axial caliber 2500, the movement that signaled a revolution in mechanical watchmaking at OMEGA. There are two 41 mm versions of the Seamaster Diver 300m and two with smaller 36.25 mm stainless steel cases. Each size is presented with a choice of a blue or a black ceramic bezel ring that perfectly matches the glossy lacquered dial.
    Last edited by improviz; January 16th, 2013 at 06:51.

What are the current LM models carried by Omega in their AD and boutiques? Really curious and will like to see one for myself.

Fair enough. It's still glossy, though, which was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by improviz View Post
    afaik its dial is lacquered.

edit: it is definitely lacquered, see: OMEGA Watches: The OMEGA Seamaster Diver Co-Axial 300M

* Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358318304.852385.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  126.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358318324.551500.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358318357.234758.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  134.3 KB
    gippo, improviz and jokr82 like this.
    Dan

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
    My Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/barny.1976/

Current

Rolex Submariner 14060M Y Serial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal Limited Edition

Gone

Ω Omega Speedmaster 3592.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 300 60th Anniversary Limited Edition
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Ω Omega 36mm Railmaster

Ω Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre Limited Edition
    Ω Omega 38.5mm Aqua Terra "Skyfall"
    Ω Omega Speedmaster 3873.50 Sapphire Sandwich
    Ω Omega Aqua Terra 39mm Starburst blue dial
    Ω Omega Planet Ocean 2209.50
    Ω Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Fair enough. It's still glossy, though, which was my point.
    Yeah, it's a beautiful watch...honestly haven't A/B'd them so can't speak to their relative glossiness (if there is such a word. :) ).

TSC

Quote Originally Posted by gippo View Post
    ...a simple Panasonic DMC-FS6 thanks
    ciao, Massimo
    He's right, they are brilliant shots, Infuriating they look better in pics than in person though....

[ducks and takes cover]

Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread Information