* Official Liquid Metal Thread * - Page 54
Like Tree1043Likes

Thread: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
    TSC

Re: * Official Liquid Metal Thread *

My LM is fine, and so was my standard PO, till the donkeys at Omega serviced it and the bezel came back slightly out. I wouldn't let them have it. It'll come back with more problems than you gave them. As well as scratches on the AR coating. Leave alone if you can live with it. If these minor things bother you, definitely don't let Omega have it.

Hello and welcome. Firstly congrats on your LE LM. They are absolutely amazing and beautiful time pieces.
    Regarding the bezel and misalignment of the hands, I would personally leave it as is, as mentioned it may have other issues once you get it back.

Thanks for the quick answers and the warm welcome on the forum. Today I visited the service. This is a new, beautiful workshop owned by the biggest jewelry and watch retailer in Hungary. You can see the watchmakers working behind a glass wall, the other wall is plastered with certificates from Omega, Breitling, IWC trainings. I approached the lady in reception, explained my issues and told her I wished to talk to an expert. I was expecting her to insist on taking my watch to the back, but to my surprise she agreed immediately and soon I was talking to a very nice guy wearing another PO 2500.

We very quickly agreed that it is not worth to pop the watch open for adjusting this slight misalignment in the hour and minute hands. He explained that there is a risk that removing the hand will leave some kind of mark regardless of how cautiously he tries the adjustment. So this is decided and will not be messed with!

As for the bezel, he explained that the insert was glued in slightly misaligned. I told him, that I read in several places that it has to do more with the slight imperfections in the click spring and replacing that usually solves the problem. I tried to be very polite as no one likes a smart ass customer :). He told me, that he disagrees but let's try. He took the watch - although I did not have my warranty papers with me - and returned within 10 minutes to show me that the situation is unchanged. The only change was that the new spring was not as firm as the old one, the bezel had a lot more playroom. I mentioned it and he told me, no problem let's put back the old one. This was done in 2 minutes. Then we agreed that if I really want to do the alignment - which I have to admit is not as bad in real life as on the pictures, since the watch is smaller - I may come back at any time. He explained that the regular PO 2500 bezel is just popped-in, but this ceramic one is glued in, so he will carefully heat it up, pop-out the insert, remove the glue residue and then glue it in in the correct position with a two-component glue, so I will have to leave the watch behind for a day.

I told him that right now I am to happy with the watch to part with it and have it disassembled, but I might return in a few days/weeks.

All in all it was a very positive experience, far better than what I was expecting based on the horror stories of others. Of course I know that bad experience gets shared more often then good ones, one more reason for me to share the story and some technical information. He even showed me the bezel removal tool which looks different to the online videos where people are popping bezels with butter knives :) This is like a jar opener with a rubber inside, so pressure is applied to the outside of the bezel, like a nut-cracker and the bezel only touches rubber during the process. Sorry if this was obvious for everyone, but me.

Other than that I am utterly and irreparably in love with the watch :). Last year I bought the Heuer 80th limited edition and that was similar, but I am even more passionate about this one. This PO LM is a thing of pure beauty. It took me maybe two days to soak in all the fine details and the gorgeous color of the ceramic dial and bezel. If I could keep just one of my watches, this would be it without hesitation. Oh and it is within +1 sec / day at the moment regardless of position, which is better than the still excellent 300m Ceramic I bought recently.
    Mcbeck and Vlciudoli like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd watch this before letting him try to pop the insert out.

http://youtu.be/oMP2Ytx_9Rk

I definitely wouldn't let him try that.

My minute hands are aligned almost exactly the same as yours. Live with it.

My bezel was also slightly misaligned, so had it sent to swatch group for "repair". 3 months later i got it back, and they put on a new bezel. If they pop out the insert (if possible) and insert it again then it will likely be misaligned with he grooves on the bezel. If you look at the grooves then 12, 3,6 and 9 should be exactly at a groove top. The grooves on my Rolex is actually not aligned with the bezel insert so gues its a minor thing Anyway, I would say the right way to fix it would be by trying different click springs, or changing the bezel. You could also take a click spring and remove some material from the 3 taps, but aligning these 3 would be quite difficult i guess.

Add me to the LM LE list! Got back from out of town to one waiting for me, patiently sitting on a shelf...

Now to size the bracelet, I promise I'll attempt some pics when I get a chance...

Name:  IMAG0004-1.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  206.0 KB

There's a quick one, at least. Can't figure out how to size it on my phone....

Sorry for my ignorance, but what are the differences between this one and the standard 2500?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisJ View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what are the differences between this one and the standard 2500?
    Only the bezel, dial and caseback are different:

Bezel: Polished ceramic with inlaid numerals of "LiquidMetal" alloy, forming a "seamless" bond between the metal and the ceramic, instead of an aluminium insert
    Dial: Polished ceramic with red "Seamaster" lettering and engraved ZrO2 inscription, a reference to the chemical composition of the ceramic
    Caseback: inscriptions with the Limited Edition number and reference to the first ever bonding of ceramic and LiquidMetal

The changes seem quite modest when listed out in this way, but the watch itself is quite striking. Check out the pictures
    Last edited by ChronoScot; October 5th, 2013 at 16:00.
    GTTIME likes this.
    OMEGA | Jaeger-LeCoultre

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoScot View Post
    Only the bezel, dial and caseback are different:

Bezel: Polished ceramic with inlaid numerals of "LiquidMetal" alloy, forming a "seamless" bond between the metal and the ceramic, instead of an aluminium insert
    Dial: Polished ceramic with red "Seamaster" lettering and engraved ZrO2 inscription, a reference to the chemical composition of the ceramic
    Caseback: inscriptions with the Limited Edition number and reference to the first ever bonding of ceramic and LiquidMetal

The changes seem quite modest when listed out in this way, but the watch itself is quite striking. Check out the pictures
    The hand set is also different to match the white/blue lume.
    ChronoScot likes this.

Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information