[emoji1015] Seamaster Sword Hands Club [emoji1015] - Page 10
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: [emoji1015] Seamaster Sword Hands Club [emoji1015]

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Re: Seamaster Sword Hands Club

Quote Originally Posted by bbckfh View Post
    I've wondered that too. I'd assume so, since I think the SMP GMT uses the same or similar case to a SMP, but I can't say for certain.

I just missed out on a SMP GMT that I'd considered doing this with as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw an other thread on the GMT where the cheap Parnis ( and possibly SKX ) inserts fit, as they are all 38mm.

The SMP GMT with a PO bezel and a coke insert would be heavenly
    bbckfh likes this.
    My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.....

boatswain and 7ee like this.
    Current Collection:
    Omega:
    SMPc Black, SMP 2254.50 Doxa: Sub 1200T Sharkhunter Seiko: SBBN031 Tuna, SBDC053 62Mas, SRPA21 PADI Turtle, SKX009 Oris: Aquis Blue Hamilton: Khaki Field Mechanical G-Shock: GW7900B-1

Instagram: @the.realwatchman

Nice photo!

I sent mine off for an overhaul and ordered all the parts for the adjustable clasp conversion. Two Omega boutiques in town, one would not even entertain ordering me parts, the second, no problem at all. Can't wait to get it back.
    boatswain and Mreal75 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Seamaster Sword Hands Club

Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    Nice photo!

I sent mine off for an overhaul and ordered all the parts for the adjustable clasp conversion. Two Omega boutiques in town, one would not even entertain ordering me parts, the second, no problem at all. Can't wait to get it back.
    It would be handy to post here the clasp conversion parts numbers if you have them for easy reference for folks.

Happy waiting and enjoy that beauty when it gets back!

Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    Nice photo!

The adjustable clasp would be great on the 2254/64! When I picked one up for my SMPc, it totally changed the watch in my opinion. Especially during the hot summer months (no more half links!). The boutique near me did it no-questions-asked about 2 years ago. I heard a few months after that Omega cracked down and told the boutiques not to do the swap. Good thing you had a more understandable boutique nearby.
    boatswain likes this.
    Current Collection:
    Omega:
    SMPc Black, SMP 2254.50 Doxa: Sub 1200T Sharkhunter Seiko: SBBN031 Tuna, SBDC053 62Mas, SRPA21 PADI Turtle, SKX009 Oris: Aquis Blue Hamilton: Khaki Field Mechanical G-Shock: GW7900B-1

I’m torn on the adjustable clasp swap.

I like the sleek integration of the stock clasp. I love how there are no ridges or edges and it flows smoothly from the bracelet.

But...it sure is a bummer having no micro adjust, either static or on the fly. It does get right on the wrist sometimes.

It might be helpful to see more pics of the new adjustable clasp on the old stock bracelet.

How does the adjustment on the new clasp work? I admit I haven’t looked into it.
    Mreal75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    I’m torn on the adjustable clasp swap.

I like the sleek integration of the stock clasp. I love how there are no ridges or edges and it flows smoothly from the bracelet.

But...it sure is a bummer having no micro adjust, either static or on the fly. It does get right on the wrist sometimes.

It might be helpful to see more pics of the new adjustable clasp on the old stock bracelet.

How does the adjustment on the new clasp work? I admit I haven’t looked into it.
    I didn't even think about the added bulkiness. On the SMPc it wasn't that noticeable compared to stock...I could definitely see it being more noticeable on the 2254. I do like the sleekness of the stock clasp on the older seamasters (makes for a super slim/low-profile package on wrist). I think I just going to stay with the stock on my 2254
    boatswain likes this.
    Current Collection:
    Omega:

boatswain, Mreal75, fish70 and 1 others like this.

I have a PO bezel and crystal and want to mod my 2254, but no watch maker is willing to do it. Anyone know someone who would do it? Preferably in the NYC area? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
    Take the 2254 and add in a ceramic bezel with finer numerals and that may be my perfect SMP

I will keep slogging along with this until Omega gets around to my ideal
    That is my thought exactly. Or a planet ocean 39.5 with this dial (in ceramic) with applied indices - the ultimate Omega in my eyes. Maybe they shouldn’t make this because I would be forced to find extra funds to make a purchase.
    boatswain likes this.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information