[emoji1015] Seamaster Sword Hands Club [emoji1015] - Page 9
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: [emoji1015] Seamaster Sword Hands Club [emoji1015]

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Seamaster Sword Hands Club

Do you recall where you sourced your parts from? I agree the bezel, while sharp looking, doesn't lend itself to ease pop use. Does the PO bezel really address that? I thought these were 41mm and the 2500 PO is 42? Are they interchangeable?

Bringing my new-to-me 1998-ish 2265.80 to the party. Though I struggle to photograph it well, I can't get enough of it.

Name:  Omega_Sunlight.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  253.4 KB
    Mreal75, boatswain and bbckfh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azfishman View Post
    Do you recall where you sourced your parts from? I agree the bezel, while sharp looking, doesn't lend itself to ease pop use. Does the PO bezel really address that? I thought these were 41mm and the 2500 PO is 42? Are they interchangeable?
    I assume that this question was for me and my PlanPro?

Without question (and I use my watch professionally), yes it is a 100% increase in my ability to use the watch as a timekeeping tool on the surface and below. I can now grip it and not only can I turn it, but I have finer control as well.

Yes, at the time I got them from Otto Frei; I looked through their inventory online just yesterday and couldn't find any. My understanding is that Omega has since locked down on parts sourcing, which is really unfortunate.

Yes, the 2500-cal POs were 42mm, and technically I think the SMP is 41.5mm? Either way, it did just pop right on without any sort of modification. I got the PO crystal as well, and my watchmaker swapped that as well. That being said, crystal part of it was nice but not necessary.
    Marathon TSAR (2008 contract, bead-blasted, issued)
    Mk II Nassau (Big Crown, BGW9, no-date)
    Omega SMP 2255.80 ("PlanPro" mod)
    Marathon GSAR (2013 contract) - sold
    Mk II Key West Gilt/Coke - for sale
    Casio G-Shock DW-6600 (issued)
    Garmin Instinct

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice! I will keep a look out for those parts. I think the bezel mod and micro adjust clasp will make a really nice watch even better.

Seamaster Sword Hands Club

My old man lent me his tried and true Omega Electric Blue. He bought this watch new almost 20 years ago and wore the heck out of it. I had it serviced for him a few years ago and it still runs great. The love for the Seamaster runs deep around here! Also works great on a grey nato in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection:
    Omega:
    SMPc Black, SMP 2254.50 Doxa: Sub 1200T Sharkhunter Seiko: SBBN031 Tuna, SBDC053 62Mas, SRPA21 PADI Turtle, SKX009 Oris: Aquis Blue Hamilton: Khaki Field Mechanical G-Shock: GW7900B-1

Instagram: @the.realwatchman

Quote Originally Posted by Mreal75 View Post
    My old man lent me his tried and true Omega Electric Blue. He bought this watch new almost 20 years ago and wore the heck out of it. I had it serviced for him a few years ago and it still runs great. The love for the Seamaster runs deep around here! Also works great on a grey nato in my opinion

Very cool watch and story to go with it
    Mreal75 likes this.

Same model as mine I think, see pics further up, does indeed look good on that strap. In the 17yrs I’ve had mine its never been off the bracelet.
    Mreal75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjj1543 View Post
    Same model as mine I think, see pics further up, does indeed look good on that strap. In the 17yrs I’ve had mine its never been off the bracelet.
    The comfort/flexibilty of the OEM bracelet is a good reason to leave it on. From what I know, this is the second or third time this watch has been off the bracelet since new (that includes the service done in 2014).
    Current Collection:
    Omega:
    SMPc Black, SMP 2254.50 Doxa: Sub 1200T Sharkhunter Seiko: SBBN031 Tuna, SBDC053 62Mas, SRPA21 PADI Turtle, SKX009 Oris: Aquis Blue Hamilton: Khaki Field Mechanical G-Shock: GW7900B-1

Instagram: @the.realwatchman

Quote Originally Posted by bbckfh View Post
    I assume that this question was for me and my PlanPro?

Without question (and I use my watch professionally), yes it is a 100% increase in my ability to use the watch as a timekeeping tool on the surface and below. I can now grip it and not only can I turn it, but I have finer control as well.

Yes, at the time I got them from Otto Frei; I looked through their inventory online just yesterday and couldn't find any. My understanding is that Omega has since locked down on parts sourcing, which is really unfortunate.

Yes, the 2500-cal POs were 42mm, and technically I think the SMP is 41.5mm? Either way, it did just pop right on without any sort of modification. I got the PO crystal as well, and my watchmaker swapped that as well. That being said, crystal part of it was nice but not necessary.

I wonder if that bezel also fits my Seamaster GMT...
    My greatest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my watches for what I told her I paid for them.....

I've wondered that too. I'd assume so, since I think the SMP GMT uses the same or similar case to a SMP, but I can't say for certain.

I just missed out on a SMP GMT that I'd considered doing this with as well.

Marathon TSAR (2008 contract, bead-blasted, issued)
    Mk II Nassau (Big Crown, BGW9, no-date)
    Omega SMP 2255.80 ("PlanPro" mod)
    Marathon GSAR (2013 contract) - sold
    Mk II Key West Gilt/Coke - for sale
    Casio G-Shock DW-6600 (issued)
    Garmin Instinct

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information