[emoji1015] Seamaster Sword Hands Club [emoji1015]
Like Tree304Likes

Thread: [emoji1015] Seamaster Sword Hands Club [emoji1015]

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Seamaster Sword Hands Club

This is a thread to share your pics, thoughts, questions, wisdom and enthusiasm when it comes to the Seamaster “Swords Hands” models. Though never officially by Omega sometimes this family of models has been dubbed the “Peter Blake” by collectors.

There are many variations of size, movement, dial colour and case material.

Enjoy!

I’ll start with my 2264

I love this model for the sleek case, wave dial, great lume, classic dimensions, beautiful lyre lugs, balanced layout and incredible versatility.

The sword hands family of models seems to be holding up very well in today’s aesthetic and becoming more popular as a second hand pickup.

En Garde!

Re: Seamaster Sword Hands Club

I’ll join in. Mine is a 2254.50 circa 2006 I believe. It was my first “high end” watch and I don’t think I will ever sell it. Mine has the anti-counterfeit hologram on the case back, which I believe was added somewhere in the middle of their run.

Name:  IMG_0725.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  279.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0723.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  451.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0724.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  549.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0712.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  280.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_0707.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  324.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome

The 2254 is classic. keep that one forever.

I struggled deciding between the ‘54 and ‘64 (quartz).

Ultimately I am happy with the 64 and how it’s a no nonsense watch that I can wear through anything without worry.

I could see adding a 54 though down the road

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Checking in with my 2254. Bought it used from Japan for one hell of a good price. I wear it as my almost everyday watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ILiveOnWacker View Post
    Checking in with my 2254. Bought it used from Japan for one hell of a good price. I wear it as my almost everyday watch.

Wow
    Great pics

I have for the most part coddled my SMP but I am really thinking about turning it into my daily wear piece. I have been wearing it a lot lately and it feels just so darn “right” on the wrist. It’s darn close to perfect for that, the exception being the scratchy aluminum insert. I do love that if desired a service can bring it back to glory, if the well loved Patina isn’t my thing. It’s a big appeal that it can be an heirloom watch that I hope I can pass down. I would rather there are memories of it being worn by me than passing on something that sat in a watch box.

I’ll play; my 2231.50

Love how utilitarian it is.

boatswain, Mreal75, jcar79 and 7 others like this.
    [IMG]pic.jpg[/IMG]
    TAG Aquaracer WAB2010
    Ω Planet Ocean 8500 42mm
    Ω Speedmaster Pro 3572.50
    Ω Chronostop 145.008
    Ω SM300
    Ω Aqua terra 8500 Opaline 41.5mm
    LONGINES Oposition L3.617.4

I’ll throw mine into the mix. My 2264 quartz “do everything” watch. You can paint the house, swim in the ocean, play catch with the kiddos. I’ve learned nothing stops this watch and it’s my immediate go-to. It looks amazing on a bond nato or rubber strap.

I also have a Heuer Monaco with the acrylic crystal. So whenever I wear the Monaco, I find myself second-guessing myself before doing an activity, and taking it off the wrist so it doesn’t get damaged or banged around.

I say all this because I’m in the process of saving for a Speedy moonwatch now. I have often wondered if it too has as much workhorse in it as my trusty 2264, or will it fall into my Monaco “careful” category. Especially since the Monaco and the Speedy both have acrylic. Time will tell! (punny)

Quote Originally Posted by sculder View Post
    I’ll throw mine into the mix. My 2264 quartz “do everything” watch. You can paint the house, swim in the ocean, play catch with the kiddos. I’ve learned nothing stops this watch and it’s my immediate go-to. It looks amazing on a bond nato or rubber strap.

I also have a Heuer Monaco with the acrylic crystal. So whenever I wear the Monaco, I find myself second-guessing myself before doing an activity, and taking it off the wrist so it doesn’t get damaged or banged around.

I say all this because I’m in the process of saving for a Speedy moonwatch now. I have often wondered if it too has as much workhorse in it as my trusty 2264, or will it fall into my Monaco “careful” category. Especially since the Monaco and the Speedy both have acrylic. Time will tell! (punny)

My speedy pro was the first expensive (>$700) watch that I got. It was meant to go to the moon, so I think it’s safe to say that it’s a workhorse.

I find myself being a little careful with it, but not overly. The best part about the acrylic is that you can buff out scratches. I remember how upset I was when I hit my first door handle. After a few more months and several more door handles, I got out the polywatch and the crystal looked brand new.

Seamaster Sword Hands Club

Seamaster 150th anniversary titanium 2232.30:

and a 2231 have (for sale):

Last edited by fskywalker; August 5th, 2019 at 18:46.
    Francisco
    Ω 2535.80 / 3592.50 / 2232.30 / 2504.52 / 168.022
    ♛ 16610 / 18239

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information