[Purchase location recommendation] AD vs OB vs GM?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: [Purchase location recommendation] AD vs OB vs GM?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[Purchase location recommendation] AD vs OB vs GM?

Omega Boutique I'm guessing is out of the question in terms of their MSRP. But what do you all think about an Authorized Dealer? I'm on Long Island and don't really trust any ADs out here or in NYC to be honest but if you have suggestions I'm open. And lastly, the Gray Market, such as Jomashop? I know they don't offer an Omega warranty but with savings like 30% makes it worth it? All opinions welcome. I'm trying to decide between a Seamaster 300, a Planet Ocean or a Speedmaster Pro. I've decided that the planet ocean, not the biggest one but the 43.5?, is probably my favorite right now but I'm open to all listed if the discounts are good enough.
    Thank you all in advance.

Re: [Purchase location recommendation] AD vs OB vs GM?

The consensus on this forum appears to be to use one of the trusted sellers here and elsewhere.

Let’s see what others have to chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    georgegervin44 likes this.

Topper’s

THE COLLECTION:

| OMEGA SEAMASTER PRO SMPw | TUDOR BLACK BAY 41 M79540 | SEIKO SHOGUN SBDC029 |

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Im probably of the minority here but Im all for grey market and Jomashop in particular. Speedmaster Pro retails for $5k+ I believe and you can pick one up on Jomashop for $3,500. To me its a no brainer because I dont care about the warranty. The price savings are well worth it to me.

Artek and Palettj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS911 View Post
    Im probably of the minority here but Im all for grey market and Jomashop in particular. Speedmaster Pro retails for $5k+ I believe and you can pick one up on Jomashop for $3,500. To me its a no brainer because I dont care about the warranty. The price savings are well worth it to me.

Agreed.

I have purchased from Topper before, and I can say that they are fantastic to work with. However, grey market is still going to be cheaper if you don't care about the purchasing experience/warranty/relationship with AD. Many ppl I know purchased their speedmaster pro from Jomashop with no issue what so ever.
    However, if you are open to a pre-owned, you will be able to save even more money and perhaps still obtain a watch with warranty left (i believe PO has 5yr warranty now).

There are lots of reputable dealers on here if you're reticent to buy from a random individual. Some even offer a warranty. Many have inventory not listed here. I've dealt with Aamir at AIS watches and been ecstatic with the piece I obtained from him, condition was better than described.

OB for LEs and parts/straps, AD for regular production watches that are semi-popular like POs, Speedmasters, etc, and GM for less popular models like Constellations, ladies watches, or PM/TT pieces
    the five stages of a watch flipper
    infatuation
    appropriation acquisition justification resale

Hi, good luck with your purchase! I would normally recommend AD, but last summer I branched out and made a purchase via Jomashop for a Rolex Explorer 214270 and the interaction went great. Let me say, there is wiggle-room when dealing with Jomashop, even though their prices are already better than AD (in general). So do contact them directly before purchasing. At a minimum, they will offer a slight reduction if you're willing to pay in cash/wire transfer since they don't have to pay the credit card or paypal fees.
    georgegervin44 likes this.
    George

Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Explorer 214270
    Montblanc Star Chronograph
    Montblanc TimeWalker Dual Carbon Chronograph

I got my titanium PO GMT from Jomashop...no regrets. My default is to purchase GM and I'd probably only go to an AD if what I was looking for wasn't available on the GM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information